• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Very late to this judging by earlier posts, but Justified on Amazon Prime is very watchable.

5 episodes in and apparently 6 series to go... it should keep me occupied for a while.
    Justified is brilliant - and a proper fantastic ending.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

New series of Bosch. One of my favourites.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        New series of Bosch. One of my favourites.

Binged & brilliant.

On New Amsterdam now.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If anyone enjoyed Justified then another decent show in a similar vain is Banshee.

It's somewhat more violent though with some proper brutal fights. I think the scene where 'bad guy bodyguard' fights 'american indian woman' is one of the most things I've seen on TV. You'll know the bit I'm on about when you watch it. I feel a bit just thinking about it.

Edit: Fun fact, the main guy is played by the same actor that is psycho superman in The Boys. Both fantastic performances.
          Last edited by Hobosapien; 26 April 2020, 09:38.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I started watching The Boys but struggled to get into it. I like the premise so will give it another try and see if it grows on me.

Comment

Also, if anyone has not seen Rectify I heartily recommend it. A slow burner but full of great acting.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I started watching The Boys but struggled to get into it. I like the premise so will give it another try and see if it grows on me.
                Not sure which episode it is but the bit where psycho superman and another 'superhero' attempt to save a passenger jet had me thinking Clark Kent wouldn't have done that.

Some of the other 'heroes' are a bit dull in comparison but the show does get better as it goes along. Season 2 was due out in the summer, hope they finished it before the big pause button was pressed.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Currently on Season 4 having binged my way through this past week or so. Very enjoyable.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Really? I thought that it was very funny in places. I especially liked the Billy Butcher character; a sort of psychopathic Dick Van Dyke.

Well worth sticking with it IMHO.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      Really? I thought that it was very funny in places. I especially liked the Billy Butcher character; a sort of psychopathic Dick Van Dyke.

Well worth sticking with it IMHO.

Ah yes, Karl Urban (a kiwi) trying to play a cockney. I suppose they're sticking to the source material (comic) for the fun factor to up the bonkers level on screen.

Not read the comic but hopefully it has some fantastic material to draw from, like The Walking Dead at its best (also based on a comic).

Comment

Working...
                      X