• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To 4x4 or not to 4x4?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes Fiddle has to give Rhino a tug

Comment

Where's the mighty Threaded?
      Do pay attention. He’s spending the week shagging pop stars at the Roskilde festival.

As I was saying to the King of Denmark just the other day (whilst we were riding our horses on the moon, and being chased by a thousand beautiful diplomats diving Lamborghinis) “That Threaded. He just makes stuff up”.

“Yes”, replied the king, “Fancy a go on the dodgems?”

Comment

anyhow...

> Fiddle please do not tell me you have a caravan

No and never did have. I think MikeTheBike was the Margaret Beckett of CUK.

Comment

The family is growing ..
          That's what's environmentally unfriendly. Sorry, I don't mean to get at you personally, but it's true.

You might as well get a people carrier, that's won't do much more damage.

And yes, I do know that families are more than just environmental impact.

Comment

You could always try the Peugot 807 - lots of bells and whistles (power doors, airbags for every seat etc) & NCAP 5-star safety rating - go for the diesel, though - I've got the previous model (in its Citroen incarnation), with 2-litre petrol engine, and it only gets about 32 mpg. (though it'll happily cruise at a 100+ for hours at a time fully loaded - did that once on the A6 down to Lyon). I think top of the range is about 25 grand

The Grand Voyager looks good, but IIRC has a lousy safety rating The frontal impact protection is so poor that if two of them ran into each other head-on, your protection was equivalent to several sheets of cardboard. Mind you that was a couple of years ago, so they might have improved it.

Comment

hattra

Ok 807 sounds good - after my last 3 new car cars being french I had hoped to try another country. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Volvo xc90. 7 seats and loads of cabin room. drives well also.

Comment

Not as well as the best 4x4xfar!!!!

Spod.

Comment

Working...
                  X