• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess the plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    WCS

I imagine the bloke has had to spend a significant amount of time fighting his way through a seemingly endless amount of beaurocratic bulltulip. I opened a cafe just over two years ago and even that was a nightmare of paperwork and regulation. I was (am actually) involved in the distribution of creel caught scottish langoustines and selling them to the public was a nightmare to the point where I now just punt them off via a processor instead. As Chef said, give the guy sonme credit for actually getting to market with it !

Well done dude, and best of luck with it !
    I apologise. Definitely credit where its due. Its something I would not be able to set up myself.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
      There's a phone number and email address.
      Have a read of the Out-law guide here, which explains what you need to have on there.

I missed the email address, but you need a physical address as well. Also, since you'll be selling, make sure you're up to speed on the Distance Selling Regulations as well.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No worries FAQ. We have a contractor doing the web dev and the site you see is something he had to knock up quickly. The new site will be up in Jan.
        You're probably well beyond thiat point matey, but Opencart and Cubecart (among others) can be set up, configured and personalised in no time as a starting point for shopping carts.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

There's a phone number and email address.
          Also, there's been a bit of chatter on some consumer boards warning people about where there is only a non-geographic number.

Might be worth having a normal number as well as the cheaper one - I use my mobile a lot, so try to avoid the non-geographic ones which aren't in my free calls package.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks FAQ - I already knew, and I can assure you it's on the list.

Now try organising an online shopping cart and delivery of beer through a courier. There's some box ticking for you.
            Safe yourself the hassle and configure shopify

https://www.shopify.com/signup

as for couriers just use UK Courier Delivery Services - European Parcels - PayPerParcel as wine is accepted by them with a couple of restrictions on packaging and that is as much a marketing opportunity as a problem.

Either way tell me when you launch and I'll try some (even though I think I guessed correctly first).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              WCS

I imagine the bloke has had to spend a significant amount of time fighting his way through a seemingly endless amount of beaurocratic bulltulip. I opened a cafe just over two years ago and even that was a nightmare of paperwork and regulation. I was (am actually) involved in the distribution of creel caught scottish langoustines and selling them to the public was a nightmare to the point where I now just punt them off via a processor instead. As Chef said, give the guy sonme credit for actually getting to market with it !

Well done dude, and best of luck with it !
              WHS. I looked into importing beer and it's a bureaucratic nightmare of bonded warehouses, sampling alcohol content and excise duty. Brewing it is presumably slightly harder.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Commendable effort CT and I'll do my bit to help. I've got Xmas free for WFH flavour testing.

Comment

Well done that man!

Comment

What a load of rubbish!

If I had a plan b it would be much better and a lot sexier than that.

And very commercially successful and very very clever too.

And.. and it would be in the Daily Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Its something I would not be able to set up myself.

Maybe there's a plan B for setting up microbreweries for others, as a national network of independent breweries all conforming to a central standard of quality.

Any real man would love his own real ale microbrewery, for a reasonable price.

Is there such a franchise already?
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X