• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Health Cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any pre-existing conditions fortunately, but I've found that I'm more susceptible to injury now as I'm getting older and I just want to make sure I can get treating quicker rather than being on a massive waiting list where someone who is well overweight and never worked a day in their life is ahead of me.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Thejacka1 View Post
      I have a Simply Health policy that covers the family. Much cheaper than BUPA as it just gives back a percentage of what you pay depending on what the Premium is. It covers Dental and Optical as well.

In most cases you'll go back and use the NHS facilities anyway as BUPA just cherry pick the profitable sidelines of Healthcare. If you want to be bumped up the list for an operation, pay for an initial Private Consultation on referral from your GP.
      This is becoming increasingly impossible. Commissioners (PCTs) are insisting on a chain of NHS consultations: GP to outpatients to surgery.

Comment

If you or spouse work or have ever worked for a public sector employer take a look at C S Health. Can't speak highly enough of them. Last year I was able to schedule my (had quite a few, MRI scans etc..) appointments largely to avoid losing any paid time. So the insurance has paid for itself really.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          If you or spouse work or have ever worked for a public sector employer take a look at C S Health. Can't speak highly enough of them. Last year I was able to schedule my (had quite a few, MRI scans etc..) appointments largely to avoid losing any paid time. So the insurance has paid for itself really.
          Brilliant I just so happen to be a former civil servant, thanks for the information
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Brilliant I just so happen to be a former civil servant, thanks for the information
            You're welcome, you'll be very happy with CS Heath, I'm sure.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Thanks. Mrs is nurse and I worked in IT for NHS many moons ago.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X