Anyone dieting? Anyone dieting?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Anyone dieting?

Super poster

Scrag Meister has more data than eek

Default Anyone dieting?

I have by association been encouraging the wife as she follows the Slimming World diet over the past 9 weeks or so and have managed to lose 1st 4lbs.

How does everyone avoid pigging out over Christmas, cos I know it going to be difficult.

Will power I know, any other strategies?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

More fingers than teeth

FiveTimes is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I have by association been encouraging the wife as she follows the Slimming World diet over the past 9 weeks or so and have managed to lose 1st 4lbs.

How does everyone avoid pigging out over Christmas, cos I know it going to be difficult.

I won't avoid pigging out over Christmas - what the point. Enjoy it

Then in the new year I will start all over again

Jedi Like

gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

I get so drunk I forget to eat.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Super poster

wobbegong is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Just don't be a pig. When you're comfortably full, stop eating.

Either that or sneak off for a tactical

HTH

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

Being from Yorkshire I find the suggestion that I should do anything that results in the loss of pounds highly offensive and not in keeping with my racial traits.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More time posting than coding

GeorgeB has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I get so drunk I forget to eat.
    I get so drunk I forget to STOP eating.

Batty

norrahe is NOT a disguised employee

Nope, don't believe in diets.

I try and eat sensibly (try being the operative word) have never been one to pig out over xmas, not being a big fan of xmas dinner or sweet things helps, though the cheeseboard is always my biggest foe.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Super poster

bobspud is NOT a disguised employee

A few years ago I lost over a stone over the Christmas break. It's quite easy. just don't eat all the additional crap that is foisted on you. You will actually feel better for it!

For Christmas dinner I had all the meat that I wanted and all the veg (no spuds), but I didn't have the usual 3 helpings of Christmas Pudding and the cheese board afterwards. I made a point not to drink three bottles of red wine in the afternoon and ignored the sweets, nuts and crisps that get left all over the place. I am slowly geting the point around to the rest of the family that getting through £300 worth of food in a day is neither healthy or sensible. I opted to not to drink over new years and just ate a little more sparse than normal...

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Avoid carbs and get exercise.

Also do research. Someone told me about a slimming world instructor who liked Irish Coffees. She ecided to be good and have horlicks slimming drinks instead. The next week she had put on weight - and found out that horlicks slimming is nearly as many syns as Irish Coffee!

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Being from Yorkshire I find the suggestion that I should do anything that results in the loss of pounds highly offensive and not in keeping with my racial traits.
    Amen Brother NLUK
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius