• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decent Headphones?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent Headphones?

Anyone got any recommendations for some decent over-ear headphones? Target price is around £150.
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

I bought these a few month a go and they still work. Super long lead.

Philips SHP2500/00 Indoor Corded Television Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Has a volume control too.

Works for me. Not sure what you get by spending 10 times as much.

Comment

I have some sennheiser ones, i forget the model but they are comfy and sound excellent IMO. Cost about £100

I would find a shop you can try them on for comfort.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

go on treat yourself

Buy Monster Beats Pro by Dr. Dre Studio, On-Ear Headphones, White online at JohnLewis.com

Comment

Cable length 2.1m

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I have some sennheiser ones, i forget the model but they are comfy and sound excellent IMO. Cost about £100

I would find a shop you can try them on for comfort.
            WDS

Excellent noise cancelling on them as well.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Dr Dre Beats

Don't buy the Dr Dre - me and a collegue bought a pair and within weeks the volume control on the cable had broken, the headphones had come apart needing some glue and the sound cancelling is not as good as it could be - the QC3 are a lot better at that.

The sound on the Dr Dre is pretty good, very bass heavy but personally I didn't love them.

Comment

You do realise that the Dr Dre headphones are sold a price point aimed at premiership footballers, the general public were never meant to wank £350 of benefit money on a 'brand'... or were they.

I work with a guy who bought a pair of 'Monster Beats™' from dealextreme.com for £40, they sound pretty good which makes me suspect they came out of the same Chinese factory just via a different door.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I bought these a few month a go and they still work. Super long lead.

Philips SHP2500/00 Indoor Corded Television Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Has a volume control too.

Works for me. Not sure what you get by spending 10 times as much.
                  I'm not sure either, but I'm deaf in one ear so even stereo is wasted on me..

Allegedly the benefits are noise cancelling, deeper bass, more 'pure' sound etc.

I'm buying them as a gift, and am evidently clueless as to what sounds good or not.
                  Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
                    Don't buy the Dr Dre - me and a collegue bought a pair and within weeks the volume control on the cable had broken, the headphones had come apart needing some glue and the sound cancelling is not as good as it could be - the QC3 are a lot better at that.

The sound on the Dr Dre is pretty good, very bass heavy but personally I didn't love them.
                    Me neither, my son had been on about getting some for a while and he said he only wanted the in ear ones not the full size i told him to jog on when i saw the price, £69 for in the bud ones, their havin a laugh, especially the way he goes through them.

I went into HMV and tried some and i didn't think they were any better than the cheap ones and then i looked on the shelf and they were next to the Diddy sound and GA GA headphones, The marketing Power of a name hey

Comment

Working...
                    X