• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to the Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Club

I'd like to be the first to welcome the Duke of Edinburgh to the Noble Order of Stentees

I am however a little bit curious as to why Buck House are using such a wordy phrase as "a blocked coronary artery"? There are existing phrases to describe this condition: those of a medical bent would say "myocardial infarction" whilst some might prefer the more homely phrase "heart attack".

If I was of a cynical bent, I might imagine that they are trying to downplay the seriousness of his condition.

Still, now he's a fellow stentee, we'll have something to chat about next time we're stuck at Birmingham New Street. If he's anything like me he'll be home for Christmas. If he's extremely like me he'll then have to pop down the road to the Co-op to get some spuds.

In fact, of all the technological benefits of living in the twenty-first century, the one I like the most is being able to have a heart attack (or myocardial infarction, or blocked coronary artery if you're a bit royal) and then be going down the shop for spuds less than two days after dialling 999

So good luck to the irascible old sod, and I hope the Sandringham village shop is open on Sunday or Liz'll give him hell when there's no roast spuds for dinner.

WNFS. Get well soon!
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

The Duke of Edinburgh is no more than an unemployed foreign emigrant living off state benefits, now he wants private medical treatment paid for by the tax payers.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bloke on News24 trying to explain why its not a heart attack.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
        X