• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As 2011 draws to a close, I gotta ask....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not in our city - the climate is dry so -35C isn't so bad, when I was in school it was cut off for 12-14 olds, Uni was always open to my knowledge but then again I've skipped plenty of lectures to hang around computer labs instead
    This current mrs stek's city is like that, Chelyabinsk, I think we were out in -32C one evening and to me it felt invigorating, cold yeah but not damp. Loved it, miss it.

Cheek muscles froze like dentists injection and no talking, vocal chords freeze and you end up grunting to talk! Loads of pissed up blokes about on 2ltr bottles of 9% beer but not a scrap of bother, not to say there wasn't any, missus stek's bro was mugged same area earlier.

Seem to remember the go to school/dont go to school announcements were on local radio?

Go back to 'kvartira', fecking boiling! -35C and i had to have the windows open....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      This current mrs stek's city is like that, Chelyabinsk, I think we were out in -32C one evening and to me it felt invigorating, cold yeah but not damp. Loved it, miss it.
      Aye, not far from mine - it's pretty cold place too, once airplane I was on landed there en route.

Comment

Hmmm, this reminds me - going to watch Arrival on blu ray now.

I was going to watch Zulu on blu ray at the exact same time it's shown on terrestrial TV (always is at this time of year ), but it started at 10am today.

Any proper Zulu fan knows it ripens at noon.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Winters in place in Siberia where I've lived for many years now much warmer, you know like having rain now compared to 20 years ago having -30C with snow everywhere since October.

In the European part of Russia, the current temperatures are ten degrees below the norm

Russian winter goes extreme, claims lives - English pravda.ru

Winter temperatures in Russia have gone extreme. The air in some regions of the republic of Yakutia (Siberia) has cooled down to -50 degrees Centigrade. Anomalous cold of -40 degrees is expected in the Perm region of Russia, Vesti.Ru reports.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's ****ing cold in England too - almost like in Stalingrad during siege, of course it would be even colder in Siberia!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              This current mrs stek's city is like that,
              Do you change them often?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
              X