• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I the only one spending this week doing some decorationg?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell - didnt think of all that !!!!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

My father in law is retired and bored..

So he does most of my DIY!

I do occasionally chip in with a bit of painting but I am better a breaking things than making them!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        WTS

& Other things to consider

Trace your power lines such as the ones to switches & plugs, turn off the mains then discconect them & re-wire to new locations

If the wall is papered remove paper prior to demo as you will be able to see better any hidden fixings / old works etc

Also consider the floor levels either side of the wall: are they the same? Depending on the wall / house construction you may need to leave the wall in place below the floor to hold up the joists

Where are your light fittings in the two rooms: will you need to relocate or add another to prevent a dark spot?

If the wall is a brick or block construction you will need to make good the joins to retained walls: diamond drill / cut these joints prior to demo

Ceiling height & finishes to the two rooms are they the same? You may end up re-plastering the whole new area

Skirting to the two rooms: are they the same ?

Or just get a quote from a reputable builder & let him worry
        Fook... a girlie who can build... my kind of woman
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Yeah. As long as she is also blind, deaf, and with no sense of smell or style.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Yeah. As long as she is also blind, deaf, and with no sense of smell or style.

Certainly not interested in your missus

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              <Takes a bow> why thank you sir (nothing to do with it being my day job )
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Now that sounds cool - having a female builder in. ;-)
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Indeed.

Over the summer, whilst some of the esteemed customers were painting & such like, I noticed a very attractive feminine version of the builder's bum.

Being a Gentleman... did you avert your gaze?

Comment

Working...
                  X