• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll play along.

I guess the trick is giving up the booze (not fussed about chocs and lardy stuff) or at least walking to the pub/chip shop.

Seriously chaps, don't do the weighing thing - it's utterly pointless. You'll know how you are doing from the fit of your clothes, so aim to be a size 10/12(laydees) 32/34(NLadyUK) waist or whatever (without the muffintop).
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I put on exactly a stone in one day from Wednesday morning to Thursday morning. Rehydration from a session + 2 massive feasts.

Comment

Full disclosure, weekly weigh ins?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Would it help you?
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            For those who think it will help, weigh-ins are encouraged but not mandatory. Although mine will be as +/- n lb, not absolute figures!

I think it's sensible to set yourself achievable goals. Weight loss is then a by product of achieving those goals.

e.g.

Go for walk 3 lunchtimes a week
            Cut down to one takeaway per week.
            Switch to low cal mayo
            One sugar in tea instead of two (or sweetener)

Sensible goals will be different for everyone. If you're already running half marathons, a lunchtime walk won't really cut it. If you're a complete blob, then maybe just using stairs instead of lift is a good start. Guess we should all start with something we're confident we can achieve and post our successes!
            Last edited by mudskipper; 31 December 2011, 16:33. Reason: speling

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Would it help you?
              I think for numbers oriented people it can be helpful - it's a clear measurement of what you've achieved (or not) for those for whom the satisfaction of knowing you've not had your daily choccie bar isn't enough.

I get really stressed if I'm out on my bike and the cycle computer stops working - if I can't measure it, it doesn't count!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                I think for numbers oriented people it can be helpful - it's a clear measurement of what you've achieved (or not) for those for whom the satisfaction of knowing you've not had your daily choccie bar isn't enough.

I get really stressed if I'm out on my bike and the cycle computer stops working - if I can't measure it, it doesn't count!
                Yeah, my comment may have sounded a bit sarcastic. Sorry chaps - I didn't mean it
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Fun ways to get active #1:

I know I've banged on about this before, but it's worth checking out geocaching if you want a reason to leave your desk at lunchtime. See Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site for caches in your area. Most smart phones can do caching - there's a free android app c:geo which is pretty good, or you can get the official groundspeak app for less than a tenner (haven't tried it, but my cache buddy has the apple version and says it's good).

At previous clientCo there was a group of us did it once a week at lunchtime and we had a real laugh getting muddy and lost in the woods. Mentioned it where I am now but got funny looks so have to sneak off on my own for my caching fix.
                  Last edited by mudskipper; 31 December 2011, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Yeah, my comment may have sounded a bit sarcastic. Sorry chaps - I didn't mean it
                    Didn't think it was sarcy - I was just trying to justify my numbers OCD!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      Anyone fancy joining me to lose a pound or twenty of lard?

Need to shift at least a stone. Two wouldn't go amiss.

Not into dieting or self deprivation. But sensible eating, cutting out the crap and doing more excercise can't be that hard, can it? And maybe a bit of moderation on the vino too.
                      Yep. Yep. I know what you mean. I thought you needed to drop a stone or two when I met you.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X