• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    Condescending, mansplaining drivel.
    Gosh! I’m sure that no-one in this thread knew any of that.

Thanks.

Since you obviously have no need of this thread, I don’t expect to see you here again.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I am the Buddha. Bodhisattva far away...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

If you're trying to lose weight, watch the booze

A bottle of wine is 650 cals.

A pint of Stella or cider is 225 cals. 4 pints is roughly half a woman's recommended daily 2000 cal intake, and a third of man's recommended 2500.

Calories in alcohol | Drinkaware

"Because alcohol is made from sugar or starch, it contains lots of calories – seven calories a gram in fact, almost as many as pure fat!"

"Drinking alcohol also reduces the amount of fat your body burns for energy. While we can store nutrients, protein, carbohydrates, and fat in our bodies, we can't store alcohol. So our systems want to get rid of it, and doing so takes priority. All of the other processes that should be taking place (including absorbing nutrients and burning fat) are interrupted."
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          A bottle of wine is 650 cals.

A pint of Stella or cider is 225 cals. 4 pints is roughly half a woman's recommended daily 2000 cal intake, and a third of man's recommended 2500.

Calories in alcohol | Drinkaware

"Because alcohol is made from sugar or starch, it contains lots of calories – seven calories a gram in fact, almost as many as pure fat!"

"Drinking alcohol also reduces the amount of fat your body burns for energy. While we can store nutrients, protein, carbohydrates, and fat in our bodies, we can't store alcohol. So our systems want to get rid of it, and doing so takes priority. All of the other processes that should be taking place (including absorbing nutrients and burning fat) are interrupted."
          Well all I am going to say is it's a good job I do not eat much...

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

"Drinking alcohol also reduces the amount of fat your body burns for energy. While we can store nutrients, protein, carbohydrates, and fat in our bodies, we can't store alcohol. So our systems want to get rid of it, and doing so takes priority."
            So the calorific content of alcohol is irrelevant because the body won't store it. The only weight-related impact it has, according to Drinkaware, is that it interrupts your body's normal fat burning.

I agree with this - you rarely see a fat alkie - but for most of us the weight gain comes from getting the munchies after a couple of beers or glasses of wine. It's all the goodies you ram down your gullet when you've had a few which cause the weight gain.

Some beers are a little different because they contain a lot of sugars, which your body most definitely will turn to fat if it doesn't need them for energy. But I reckon most wine, lagers & spirits by themselves don't make you fatter.

Just IMHO of course

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Well all I am going to say is it's a good job I do not eat much...
              Just think how strong your bladder muscles are!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                But I reckon most wine, lagers & spirits by themselves don't make you fatter.
                Try consuming the recommended 2500 food cals per day + 4 pints of Stella and see what happens. :fatbloke:
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I only got my weight under control after I gave up refined sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                    - you rarely see a fat alkie
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Gosh! I’m sure that no-one in this thread knew any of that.

Thanks.

Since you obviously have no need of this thread, I don’t expect to see you here again.
                      It was meant to be helpful. Scales do not help you lose weight and have been shown in research to induce paranoia over the slightest fluctuations that are seasonally healthy once you have reached your 'happy' body weight.

I've never seen a PT I've had (when younger) rely on them. They use fat calipers. If you use those and keep a log these are a far better sign of progress than scales. Whatever floats your boat though.

I notice plenty of female posters explaining things but I don't think to jump to 'femisplaining' to disregard what they're said. I'm unsure as to why you have tried to weaponise my post; it is sound weight loss advice - advice told me to me over the years by PTs and ex-sporting professionals who have suffered injury and put on weight. Chris Hoy is quite the fountain of knowledge when it comes to this and is one of the few to respond on twitter to such queries.

Comment

Working...
                      X