• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do women ever stop spending?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do women ever stop spending?

Boxing day (after spending a small fortune on crap for Xmas) - we need a new kitchen..

Yesterday - I want to drop my hours in work.

Today - We need a garage extension.

As for me, I dont spend a great deal. Dont see the need in having a flash motor, etc etc just want enough have a decent holiday and not stress about money.....

About 9 months ago (as a permie), we had about £25K of credit card debts = not too cool. With the help of permie redundancy and 7 months of contracting, its down to about £10K now (all low balance transfers so no big deal). And I've got 6 months money saved in warchest.

But no, wifes eyes light up when she realises how much I earn. Doesnt seem to realise that paying off credit cards means less outgoings, and that her salary (albeit minimal when compared to mine) might be quite important when I aint got a contract. Does my chunk in.

Although, just remembered someone on her recently who;d been contracting for 4 years solid and his mrs has spent the lot and he had no warchest. Oh dear - not quite that bad...
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Boxing day (after spending a small fortune on crap for Xmas) - we need a new kitchen..

Yesterday - I want to drop my hours in work.

Today - We need a garage extension.

As for me, I dont spend a great deal. Dont see the need in having a flash motor, etc etc just want enough have a decent holiday and not stress about money.....

About 9 months ago (as a permie), we had about £25K of credit card debts = not too cool. With the help of permie redundancy and 7 months of contracting, its down to about £10K now (all low balance transfers so no big deal). And I've got 6 months money saved in warchest.

But no, wifes eyes light up when she realises how much I earn. Doesnt seem to realise that paying off credit cards means less outgoings, and that her salary (albeit minimal when compared to mine) might be quite important when I aint got a contract. Does my chunk in.

Although, just remembered someone on her recently who;d been contracting for 4 years solid and his mrs has spent the lot and he had no warchest. Oh dear - not quite that bad...
    That's normal unless you go for a Thai import who will be grateful for a new iron.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Tell her that you will buy X when all debt is paid off and you can pay cash for it. Then put enough into your pension to ensure that day never arrives.

Comment

You should have married into money, much less stress

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          You should have married into money, much less stress
          Or not told her how much you earn. 2/3rds sounds plausible enough.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Why are you letting the wife out of the kitchen let alone the house to go shopping?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Tell her that in event of divorce she'd be taking on 50% of debts also, so it's best to have 'em paid off...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Sounds like a good idea to be honest !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Tell her your salary.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Tell her your salary.
                    even though shes pretty clueless financially she aint that dull !

Comment

Working...
                    X