• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here buying a brand new car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here buying a brand new car?

UK car sales fall to lowest since 1994 | Business | guardian.co.uk

Thought not.

Honda has announced 500 new assembly jobs at its Swindon plant in anticipation of car production levels doubling next year.
    Honda creates 500 new jobs in Swindon - Telegraph

Comment

More Swindon news:
      BBC News - Brunel shopping centre in Swindon in receivership

Comment

2nd hand prices seem to be holding up, not many people trading in and dealers are keeping stocks low and selling at a premium rather than going for volume sales.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          2nd hand prices seem to be holding up, not many people trading in and dealers are keeping stocks low and selling at a premium rather than going for volume sales.
          The older cars hold their price because they are more reliable
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Thought of buying a 2nd hand car this year but decided not to since I can't put my xx12 number plates on it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Thought of buying a 2nd hand car this year but decided not to since I can't put my xx12 number plates on it anyway.

The day that a motorist does not care about his XX12 number plate is the day he grows up.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                The day that a motorist does not care about his XX12 number plate is the day he grows up.
                In Soviet Uni that I gone to one professor said that he considers people grown up when they stop playing computer games

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You mean you dont have a dateless plate?? shame on you - I think a trip back to contractor accademy is in order so you can be reminded how to spend your wedge

Comment

Rolls Royce sold more cars in 2011 than in any other year in their entire 107 year history.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X