• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's worse than a bungee cord snapping?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done that actual jump. Loved it.
    The bit about crocs in the water is a bit misleading. They are there, but they stay in the slower moving parts of the river. When we rafted it we were told we were safe from them if we fell out in the rapids and most of the pools but there were a couple of spots where it was not safe. We spotted 2 6-7 footers whilst rafting.

In the clip it seems to be the junction not the chord that gives way.

Glad it wasn't me. Wonder if she found out what colour adrenaline is.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      please elaborate
      Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      She is taking her life in to her own hands going to Zimbabwe let alone doing a bungee jump, they are not renowned for their attitude towards health and saftey.
      Exactly N.Lad. Also Africa is the most corrupt continent on Earth, well last time I checked.

Trusting an African with a frayed bungee cord is like trusting a person in our own country with a raincoat on, standing beside a van with "free candy" painted on it.

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      I couldn't help reading your post in the voice of comic book guy from the Simpsons

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Just today?
      Yea, I thought he was serious. Turned out, it just wasnt funny at all. Well maybe, if you dont have a sense of humour or ever heard any other jokes in your life.

Comment

Lucky girl. As an Australian she'll now be able to spend the rest of her life propping up the bar in the pub telling tales of 'when I wrestled a croc with both my feet tied together' while downing stubbies of Vic Bitter. Along with all the other Aussies who tell you the same tale.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post

I have done that actual jump. Loved it.
          The bit about crocs in the water is a bit misleading. They are there, but they stay in the slower moving parts of the river. ..
          Dozy things - If I was a croc there I'd be waiting right under the bungee jump with my mouth open.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Dozy things - If I was a croc there I'd be waiting right under the bungee jump with my mouth open.

Maybe they're not into scat.

Plenty of people have found out the colour of adrenaline without the cord breaking.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              That is the dozy croc, the intelligent one would be sitting slightly off to one side so as not to get crushed by falling tourists.....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I heard something worse on Radio 2 a few weeks back. There is a bungee jump in (I think) New Zealand, where they have a 'special treatment' for cocky or arrogant jumpers.

They wait until you have decided to go, and just reached the point of no return, then a man standing at the side of you produces a spare length of bungee with a big clip on the end and shouts "WHOA...NOT YET!!!" just as you fall off the platform.

B****rds!!

Comment

Working...
                X