Deflation news Deflation news
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Deflation news

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is always on top

Default Deflation news

Motorists braced for petrol price rise after wholseale costs jump - Telegraph

Iran’s threat of a blockade in the Straits of Hormuz and shutdowns at refineries contributed to a 4.5p per litre hike in the cost of diesel between December 19 and January 5, according to figures from RMI Petrol. That is before the imposition of 20pc VAT.

RMI, which represents almost 6,000 independently-owned filling stations across the UK, said the price rise was the “steepest and fastest” ever seen over the Christmas period.

With average diesel prices at the pumps close to 141p per litre, RMI said it would now only take forecourt retailers to pass on some of the extra wholesale costs to consumers for prices to top the 143p a litre peak they reached on May 9 last year.

Awaiting AtW's comment....
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

Fingers like lightning

BigTime is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Motorists braced for petrol price rise after wholseale costs jump - Telegraph

Iran’s threat of a blockade in the Straits of Hormuz and shutdowns at refineries contributed to a 4.5p per litre hike in the cost of diesel between December 19 and January 5, according to figures from RMI Petrol. That is before the imposition of 20pc VAT.

RMI, which represents almost 6,000 independently-owned filling stations across the UK, said the price rise was the “steepest and fastest” ever seen over the Christmas period.

With average diesel prices at the pumps close to 141p per litre, RMI said it would now only take forecourt retailers to pass on some of the extra wholesale costs to consumers for prices to top the 143p a litre peak they reached on May 9 last year.

Haven't seen any increases yet but will fill up today anyway. Thanks

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Get a Tesla...

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

There still seems to be way too many proles on the road. I do wish they would put prices up a bit more.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I do wish they would put prices up a bit more.
    Price elasticity of demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Govts like to tax fuel, booze, smokes because demand does not change much which makes predicting revenues easier job for civil servants.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Price elasticity of demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Govts like to tax fuel, booze, smokes because demand does not change much which makes predicting revenues easier job for civil servants.
    Its a good point - proles will starve their kids before spending of these "essentials"