• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insulted by a "Diva"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insulted by a "Diva"

Just before Christmas, took missuses to see a female soul act who was quite prominent in the 90s at a JAZZ cafe in Bristol.

Anyway, after the gig she was propping up the bar so my wife and I decided to tell her how much we'd enjoyed the concert on the way out, in particular her version of We Shall Not Be Mo bed.

Well, what a sour cow she was."Oh per-leeze, don't you think I don't know how good I am? And do you mind, you're in MY backstage".

Wife was upset by this. Felt like giving the cheek cow a slap.

Have no idea what provoked that reaction. Isn't it a dome thing to talk to a performer after their act? Perhaps its just singers. Backing band seemed ok particularly as I told the drummer he needed a new servo unit on his Land Rover.

Anyone else got any stories of celebrities acting like tossers?

What a cow, I suppose if your taken by surprise difficult to come up with a retort, like "sorry we just wanted to point out that for a "has been" you're pretty good".

Still next time you meet a Diva have a "barbed" compliment prepared.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Just before Christmas, took missuses to see a female soul act who was quite prominent in the 90s at a JAZZ cafe in Bristol.

Anyway, after the gig she was propping up the bar so my wife and I decided to tell her how much we'd enjoyed the concert on the way out, in particular her version of We Shall Not Be Mo bed.

Well, what a sour cow she was."Oh per-leeze, don't you think I don't know how good I am? And do you mind, you're in MY backstage".

Have no idea what provoked that reaction. Isn't it a dome thing to talk to a performer after their act? Perhaps its just singers. Backing band seemed ok particularly as I told the drummer he needed a new servo unit on his Land Rover.

Ricky Gervais.......while he is awake

Comment

I've never been anything but courteous to my 'public'.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Should have replied, “ I am such a great fan of yours I have upload all your songs to Thepiratebay
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oliver Reed, but as it was Oliver Reed we let him off.

We were staying at a small hotel in the middle of nowhere in deepest Devon and he happened to be a guest as well. He wasn't actually insulting, but while the rest of us guests were enjoying a good whodunnit, he just got pissed and ran around with shaving foam all over his face pretending to be a rabid werewolf.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Still next time you meet a Diva have a "barbed" compliment prepared.
              I did. "What did you say your name was? Dina who?"

Comment

Are you one of these bores that corners some poor soul that they cannot get rid of?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Anyone else got any stories of tossers pestering celebrities
                  FTFY
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    FTFY
                    Fark orff cockhead

Comment

Working...
                    X