• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do?

So,

Just suppose you're sat at your desk with a killer hangover. That last night you had had 4 beers and a nice sirloin in you're usual local working away from home bar and then a colleague came in fresh from the gym.

Then suppose you had 2 more beers followed by 3 large straight whiskeys. Stupidly, as the bar was closing at this time, you didn't go back to the hotel as you were planning but you then walked the short distance to a late night bar.

After getting out a large amount of cash from the cash machine en route. This was followed by spending money on the bar's in house card table with 3 or 4 vodka redbulls (I hate vodka redbull) and then a few rounds for the Icelandic Puma company visiting for a conference before late night bar before retiring back to the hotel, because 2nd bar was closing, forgetting exactly when and how you got home.

After waking up at 4am to get undressed and 5am to switch off the main room light you had a cr@ppy 3hrs sleep and are now sat at your desk with bloodshot eyes, having realised your bag was left at the 2nd bar but only contains your ereader and ipod, but not smelling so bad as a long shower, toothpaste and aftershave should be solving that problem. Tasks for today mainly include continuing your project but otherwise a relatively encounter free day sipping the bottle of coke you purchased enroute to work.

The question is, what time is acceptable to leave the office but bill for a full day without the locals commenting too much?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Nice to hear there are some proper contractors still out there. I would tough it out this morning, then nip to the gents 14:00-15:30 for an on-site nap then come out, look at my watch and go home.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

About an hour? 6 hours? Presumably you are going to wait until someone gives the answer you want to hear?

Try to drink as much water as possible. And dont puke on anyone.

When I have a big night out I always try to end it with a litre of water. Easy when you are drunk - hard when hungover.

Good Luck!

Comment

Now

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          About an hour? 6 hours? Presumably you are going to wait until someone gives the answer you want to hear?
          more like, I would go with the majority vote.

Try to drink as much water as possible. And dont puke on anyone.
          Done, that one's easy to sort out.
          When I have a big night out I always try to end it with a litre of water. Easy when you are drunk - hard when hungover.
          It was hard enough simply getting undressed, thinking sensibly was about 4hrs before this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Nice to hear there are some proper contractors still out there. I would tough it out this morning, then nip to the gents 14:00-15:30 for an on-site nap then come out, look at my watch and go home.
            excellent suggestion and thanks for the compliment

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Now
              much as I'd like to, that isn't an option given that I arrived at 9:30 in an office that mostly arrives around 8:00.

Comment

as an added point, this is Sweden and so drinking stupid amounts of alcohol mid week is par for course and therefore no client brownie points would be lost if asked why I look so sh!t and answer honestly, however, it wouldn't be the done thing to wimp off early just because "i had a few beers last night".

Their idea of a good night out is to get on the 20 min ferry crossing over to Denmark and stay on it all evening getting wasted because the drinks there are far cheaper than most bars in either country, plus you get a moving view. Apparently the trick is to ensure you get off at the right stop at the end otherwise you might find yourself in the wrong country.

Comment

Drink coffee and invoice on
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Drink coffee and invoice on
                    That's what I'm doing after pushing out the boat a bit yesterday evening.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X