• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

approaching 30...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you need is a plan b which operates in parallel to your bum on seat contracting

then get into milking the plan b at both ends ie, it's deliverables are for sale and a % of plan b is for sale too

nice

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      what you need is a plan b which operates in parallel to your bum on seat contracting

then get into milking the plan b at both ends ie, it's deliverables are for sale and a % of plan b is for sale too

nice

Milan.
      Or you could be like Milan and spend your time dreaming about a swimming pool.

Hey, don't sweat 30, some of us are heading towards 40...

Comment

30s = 4th decade
        40s = 5th decade

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Or you could be like Milan and spend your time dreaming about a swimming pool.

Hey, don't sweat 30, some of us are heading towards 40...
          ..and some have gone past that

Comment

i turn 30 in near on 5 months..

instead of feeling like im moving into great new, exciting territory, it feels like im having a miniture life crisis.

no wife, no kids, no home, no posh sports car, just a very temporary lifestyle moving from one robotic office to another making cash..
            Almost similiar situation, and yet you are much better off than me.

Comment

Don't fret el duder. Unless you want all those things of course. A home and a nice car would be a good idea (in my opinion), but wife and children? Nah. You can't force those things or at least I wouldn't recommend it. I'm 31 and never been married and no kids. There is a whole plethora of lovely ladies out there my friend.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                There is a whole plethora of lovely ladies out there my friend.

And if you can't find any, you can always use your imagination, by thinking that big hairy blokes on the internet are female, eh?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by el duder

thats exactly the approach i have taken on this contract, to be a bit of a miserable, moany, difficult bastard, who aint got a nice thing to say about anything or anyone.

Sounds like promising future management material there.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    How offputting.

Some of you are young enough to be my children...

Some of you may well be my children...
                    /checks self for scales

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      And if you can't find any, you can always use your imagination, by thinking that big hairy blokes on the internet are female, eh?
                      It certainly is a mine-field out there. Best to confirm they are who they say they are with a visual on webcam if online flirting is your thing.
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X