• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The joys of autistic children

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joys of autistic children

Mrs BP walking our autistic son to school with a girl of same age that my wife childminds for. The both run off. My wife calls them back and tells them to stay with her. The girl runs off again. My wife screams at her "Why don't you listen? You are worse than my son and he is stupid". Right on cue our son says "swimming pool".

He is 4 years old. The outward intelligence of a one year old in the body of a seven year old. Great.

Sorry. Read it a few times and still have no idea what you're trying to communicate.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Sorry. Read it a few times and still have no idea what you're trying to communicate.
      Arse biscuits!

Comment

Do you normally go round saying random words in the middle of a conversation? Dont try it as people will think you are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Do you normally go round saying random words in the middle of a conversation? Dont try it as people will think you are stupid.
          Sponge?

Comment

I guess this hinges on whether one believes in randomness or not. I don't.

Comment

You just couldn't keep up with his logical thought processes.

Still don't get the bit about him being four years old, with the intelligence of a one year old in the body of a four year old. But then, I'm easily confused.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                I guess this hinges on whether one believes in randomness or not. I don't.
                Try being round our house for a while. I was up at 5am this morning. Baby BP already downstairs wearing a pirate hat, tutu and waving a light sabre around.

At least today he did not wake the rest of the house at 4am.

Comment

Still don't get the bit about him being four years old, with the intelligence of a one year old in the body of a four year old. But then, I'm easily confused.
                  7. No idea why.

Comment

He is tall, wide and his armslegs are very bulky. He often gets mistaken for a seven year old on looking at him. But talk to him and you would think you are talking to a one year old. My wife also childminds for a one year old and mentally they get along fine. In fact in some ways the one year old is ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X