• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling a car on ebay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a car on ebay

Just wondering whether to blurr out the registration plates on the piccies. Am I opening myself up to any scams from undesirables if I don't, or will it make me look a bit dodgy if I do? Any other tips?

BTW, does anybody want to buy a 2003 53 Peugeot Quiksilver Diesel? Mrs Paco has upgraded due to a recent addition to the family.

50p is the going rate on ebay for a car isn't it. I'll give you 50p for it.

Comment

Has she got any vans?

As I said, just because I have a contract the wife is now trying to spend on my money on stupid things. Maybe if I buy a used PDA from Atw I should go the whole hog and save money by completely kitting myself out with second hand items from CUK regulars. I need a toothbrush and some underpants.

Comment

second hand items from CUK regulars
        Do you need any crusty socks?
        I have had to give them up, apparently I have an STD infection between my toes and Athletes C0ck.

Comment

I suppose Arkwright is still on his 3 hour commute

He's the bloke to advise on this one - I certainly don't remember seeing any number plates on one of the cars he put up on eBay but NODDY 1 was clearly visible on the other.

hth

Comment

Displaying the number on a clearly for sale car is an open invite for a clone job.

HTH.

Comment

Displaying the number on a clearly for sale car is an open invite for a clone job.
              A sensible answer in just 5 responses - not bad! Cheers widget, that's the sort of thing I was worrying about.

Comment

Is it worth selling on ebay? I thought you'd get more for it on exchange + mart, etc.

Comment

Why?

Comment

Is it worth selling on ebay? I thought you'd get more for it on exchange + mart, etc.
                    Its been in Autotrader on and off for most of the last 3 months. I've dropped the price by 1500 quid from where I (optimistically) started and had not a single call, except from scumbag spamming bastid companies like CarData offering to sell it for me instantly to one of their thousands of interested parties. I've gone from being polite to them to just saying the car's not for sale anymore. I'm one step from telling them to feck off before they get their first sentence out.

I'm on the verge of selling it back to a dealer as I really need to get rid of it, but thought I'd try ebay first. Anybody have any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
                    X