• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some house vendors are in la la land.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some house vendors are in la la land.

Offered £750K cash on an asking price of £800K.
    Refused as being too low, FFS.

Fook orf then.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Fook orf then.
    What you failed to realise was that all the neighbours offered to chip in to keep riff-raff like you out of the postcode.
    I doubt they want the tone lowered by allowing some mockney wideboy in.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Your cash is devaluaing faster than house prices can fall.

Still, you're the one banging on about how great QE has been for the economy.

Comment

The house is someone's pride and joy.

You really should have offered less to begin with say £720 to give you some leeway and allow them to think you are being generous when you make your final offer of £750.

You should learn to negotiate.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Fook orf then.
          Your offer is reasonable but was it your first? Some vendors just flat refuse the first because they expect the game to continue to at least 2 rounds of offers. Try £755?

They may have also just reduced the asking/market price so are reluctant to take less. Their problem, I know but think psychologically to beat them.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              £720
              I'm not buying a fooking doll's house.
              As for negotiation, take it or leave it. Plenty of nice houses where I'm looking, someone or other will have to sell.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just couple of weeks ago you said you don't have much cash in savings, what happened - you took voluntary redundancy or something?

Comment

I'm not buying a fooking doll's house.
                  As for negotiation, take it or leave it. Plenty of nice houses where I'm looking, someone or other will have to sell.
                  See what Mr Robin said. Everyone assumes people negotiate so your first offer has been treated as an opening gambit, and the seller is expecting another offer to follow because everyone apart from you is expecting to follow a 2 or 3 offer negotiation.

If you sole offer was £750 then you should have made that explicitly clear to the estate agent. I bet you didn't add the words my only offer is and if they don't take it I'll go elsewhere.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    If you sole offer was £750 then you should have made that explicitly clear to the estate agent. I bet you didn't add the words my only offer is and if they don't take it I'll go elsewhere.
                    I did. That's why I think they are in la la land. Are they waiting for someone with a mortgage to buy it?
                    I would have thought being a cash buyer gave me an advantage - maybe not.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X