• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C'mon England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Good tense game. Being English I was disappointed with the result but not moaning.
    It was the best result possible; this new England side are going to lose a few games before they start winning big games; now they've played a big game against top class opposition, fought like hell and come close; they'll be a better team thanks to this and when they put it all together somebody's going to be on the wrong end of a bloody good hammering. France and Ireland will have to be very careful now.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      It was the best result possible; this new England side are going to lose a few games before they start winning big games; now they've played a big game against top class opposition, fought like hell and come close; they'll be a better team thanks to this and when they put it all together somebody's going to be on the wrong end of a bloody good hammering. France and Ireland will have to be very careful now.
      Good old English optimism, losing was a good thing cos' we'll spank the bleeders next time.

Serious note, maybe England are where Wales were 2 years ago and even they aren't the finished article just yet, the future looks exciting for these 2 teams.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Good old English optimism, losing was a good thing cos' we'll spank the bleeders next time.

Serious note, maybe England are where Wales were 2 years ago and even they aren't the finished article just yet, the future looks exciting for these 2 teams.
        Yesterday a team of boys became a team of men. They've had their backs against the wall and fought back; just as they did against Italy in Rome. Remember England in 1999? And remember what the same team did in 2003? I think these guys might be better. I think Robshaw is an excellent captain. Farrell is ice cool and potentially as good as or even better than JW. But these guys are young. The 'greats' who can turn a game will emerge in the next couple of years.

Wales are also a magnificent team; everything about them is right; mentality, team spirit and skills on the pitch and if not for one moment in the semi of the RWC I think theyd have beaten the All Blacks in the final (sorry if that's rubbing Welsh noses into it; I have a huge, genuine admiration for this Welsh side, that's why I'm so pleased about how England performed against them). Only a few months ago England wouldn't have been able to live them on the pitch, but these England players seem to be following the Welsh example.

Yep, 2 very good teams and all those who yap on about Southern Hemisphere superiority are going to have their noses rubbed in the mud in 2015.

Comment

Yep, 2 very good teams and all those who yap on about Southern Hemisphere superiority are going to have their noses rubbed in the mud in 2015.
          You were doing ok u until that point. Loads of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. History though would suggest you are talking complete bollox.

Comment

Agree MTT, although I too wouldn't start predicting what we'll do to southern hemisphere teams in 2015. That's the sort of hubris that comes back to bite.

We don't yet know how good this England team can become - so far they have only just squeaked past the two weakest teams in the 6 nations, and lost at home to the first good side they have met. And we haven't a clue how good the southern hemisphere teams be in 2015.

I do see a lot of promise though. It's early days but so far Farrell looks as good a tackler and kicker as Wilkinson, and like Flood is better than Wilkinson in decision making and using the ball (not Jonny's strong suit).

Yesterday was I left with the impression that England's substitutions fecked them up.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              You were doing ok u until that point. Loads of chips to land on shoulders between now and then. History though would suggest you are talking complete bollox.
              ftfy

Comment

It was the best result possible; this new England side are going to lose a few games before they start winning big games
                It will depend on how often we play the brain damaged Matt Stevens or the worse than useless Courtney Lawes
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  It will depend on how often we play the brain damaged Matt Stevens or the worse than useless Courtney Lawes
                  care to expand on that?

Comment

Working...
                  X