• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DimPrawn and sasguru are in mortal danger!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DimPrawn and sasguru are in mortal danger!!!

The Deputy Prime Minister says he has uncovered evidence that hundreds of millionaires are paying a tax rate of less than 20 per cent on their earnings by using an “army of lawyers and accountants”.

In an interview with The Telegraph, Mr Clegg indicates he is willing to support the scrapping of the 50p top rate of income tax provided that millionaires are “properly” taxed in Britain.

A wide array of tax loopholes and reliefs are exploited by the wealthy to reduce their tax bills, leading to them paying overall rates on annual earnings beneath those faced by ordinary workers, he said.

Mr Clegg, who will be at Saturday's Liberal Democrat spring conference in Gateshead, believes that thousands more millionaires pay tax at a rate of less than 30 per cent, depriving the Exchequer of hundreds of millions of pounds a year.

He believes that a specific minimum rate of tax should be written into law to ensure people are “paying their fair share” and not “massaging” the system. The Deputy Prime Minister says he decided on the need for a tycoon tax after Mitt Romney, who is expected to be the US Republican Presidential candidate, disclosed he was paying just 13.9 per cent tax on his multi-million-dollar earnings.

Source: Nick Clegg goes after the ultra-rich - Telegraph

What an idiot - first it's none of his business what Romney pays under US laws, secondly Romney paid very close to what CGT on his investment was meant to be - it's the fooking CGT law designed to encourage long term investment which Darling ($%!$) removed.

Yeah but a millionaire today is equivalent to multimillionaire a few years ago what with all this QE you're taking a walloping with this erosion by keeping your wealth in sterling.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We need to call an election immediately, the coalition is a joke.

Comment

Does this include Tony Blair and his web of offshore companies?

Tony Blair and the £8million tax 'mystery' - Telegraph

Thought not.

Coalition is bunch of s

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Does this include Tony Blair and his web of offshore companies?

Tony Blair and the £8million tax 'mystery' - Telegraph

Thought not.

Coalition is bunch of s
          whs. And that £6m / year we pay for his security is a waste of money.

Comment

20% of a million is still £200k (obviously) why isnt that a big enough contribution to society? I dont agree with higher rates the more someone earns though.

Im sure a lot of us would pay more tax if the tax rate was a simple 25% than we do now because of the 40% rate. The governments greed for money to waste, means that I give them less, and it means I have less to spend on the economy.

Comment

Top 1% of earners pay 30% of the tax take (linky). Sounds to me like we should be encouraging more millionaires to locate to the UK, then the taxes can be reduced for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Coalition is bunch of s
                I wish to disagree with you.

But I can't. The facts are on your side.

Comment

Working...
                X