• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    If you enjoy a decent pint don’t bother. Spent 3 years there drinking nats piss.
    Fortunately I never got into the habit of drinking, I'm more a soft drink guy
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Then you were drinking in the wrong places.

The beer has improved remarkably in the last 3 years.
      It mostly seemed to be that London Pride, , when I worked there in the early/mid 90’s but you’re probably right.
      Otherwise living in London was a great experience.
      one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Hotels will be expensive in London come July because of the Olympics, if you can find any available
        This is the thing that probably worries me most
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Then you were drinking in the wrong places.

The beer has improved remarkably in the last 3 years.
          I walked past a pub in/near Covent Garden with loads of flowers outside, hanging baskets and the like. It looked familiar - maybe from a CAMRA review? - but I can't remember the name. Anyone have a clue what it's called?

I think it was green. HTH.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            This is the thing that probably worries me most
            airbnb.com

Comment

Thank you kindly for the link
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Hi Everyone

I have an interview on Thursday for a position down in London, I'd be interested to peoples experiences of contracting down this way. Honest feedback very welcome I want to know what I might be letting myself in for.
                Its great here. We have things like electricity and street lamps, and when you have a pooh instead of having to go out into a field in all weather conditions and poke it into the mud with a stick and pour Dettol on it, you just pull a lever and it suddenly becomes someone else's problem.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

WOW it's sounds like such a magical land, then how can it be based in England lol
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Hi Everyone

I have an interview on Thursday for a position down in London, I'd be interested to peoples experiences of contracting down this way. Honest feedback very welcome I want to know what I might be letting myself in for.
                    Moved here for a gig in 1989.

Still here.

Still moaning.

Contracting in London is excellent - it's where most of the roles are (esp. the higher paid ones.)

Housing (both purchase & rental) is very expensive.

Commuting is a nightmare, they tell me. I don't know, as I use a motorbike.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I walked past a pub in/near Covent Garden with loads of flowers outside, hanging baskets and the like. It looked familiar - maybe from a CAMRA review? - but I can't remember the name. Anyone have a clue what it's called?

I think it was green. HTH.
                      Not the Harp by any chance? ( NF's favourite pub).

Never had a problem with working in London and found quite a few pubs with good beer.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X