• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to sell cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Looking to sell on our two cars which are getting on a bit and are too small. They both need a bit of work electric window not working and engine lights on.

What is the best way to sell them? Is it worth doing any work first? They're worth about 3 grand each.
    Bring them down to the car lot and I'll do you a deal.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Bring them down to the car lot and I'll do you a deal.
      I'm looking to trade them in for a cut and shut Ford Capri. Can you arrange finance as well?

Comment

Looking to sell on our two cars which are getting on a bit and are too small. They both need a bit of work electric window not working and engine lights on.

What is the best way to sell them? Is it worth doing any work first? They're worth about 3 grand each.
        I'm selling me trusty old Yaris (bought when I started my first job out of Uni) so a timely thread.

I guess on a 10-year-old car, getting scratches and dents sorted out is a waste of time since anyone buying a 10-year-old small car is only after affordability and reliability?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ebay is the best way these days, even cars with no MOT do well, make sure you list all the faults. No-one buys autotrader these days or exchange and mart (compared with 10 years ago anyway).

PS if the engine lights are on, you have one of two issues, engine or electrical problems, depending on the severity this could seriously affect the resale value. Book resale values are based on good working order.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I'm selling me trusty old Yaris (bought when I started my first job out of Uni) so a timely thread.

I guess on a 10-year-old car, getting scratches and dents sorted out is a waste of time since anyone buying a 10-year-old small car is only after affordability and reliability?
            Once you in the 2-3k market its probably not worth it. I would expect electrics to work and no engine lights because they could be very costly items to fix.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

what are the details -kids are currently running something similar and may be suitable for spares
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm looking to trade them in for a cut and shut Ford Capri. Can you arrange finance as well?
                Strictly cash
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Once you in the 2-3k market its probably not worth it. I would expect electrics to work and no engine lights because they could be very costly items to fix.
                  Not really, the chips away people would charge about £80-£100 to tidy up some dents and scratches. This is exactly what many a trader would do before presenting a car on the forecourt. Small cars sell very well especially ones which appear to have been well looked after.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Strictly cash
                    Great - having seen your credit record, I'd rather have the folding.

Comment

give "loot" a try. i sold my old volvo (1.5k) within a week on there, but beware some professional buyers hang around there to get good deals.
                      Happy days every day...just keep invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                      X