• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning permission for decking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Pardon? Wotcha on about?
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...annel-7-a.html

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      Surely you don't need planning permission to go to Bridgwater ?
      No, but body armour can be useful.

Comment

Want to install some raised decking in my garden where I'm going to put a summerhouse.

All well and good I thought. Specced it all up to find that you need planning permission for anything over 1 foot high.

That's full blown planning permission, not building regs. Have to draw up plans and submit them, pay a fee (£150) and then wait months on end for the approval.

This has been the case since 2008.

Fecking Nu Labour
        Mate you live in the Wild Wild West. Seems to me the rules down here are do what you want and make sure it does not annoy the neighbours...
        Talking to my tradesmen the majority of the work they do is under the radar of the muppets from the local planning office.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Mate you live in the Wild Wild West. Seems to me the rules down here are do what you want and make sure it does not annoy the neighbours...
          Talking to my tradesmen the majority of the work they do is under the radar of the muppets from the local planning office.
          Well, quite. It's the summerhouse that's the big ticket item & I don't need permission for that. Just the decking it's going to stand on.

Can always rip it out in the unlikely event that I get found out.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Went and spoke to a company about demolishing our entire garage and replacing with a new concrete one. He said no need for permission if under 2.5m, no infringement by door on public footpath. and other miscellaneous criteria.

Am having him do the whole lot, so will have his bollocks if there is any comeback from the council.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Well, quite. It's the summerhouse that's the big ticket item & I don't need permission for that. Just the decking it's going to stand on.

Can always rip it out in the unlikely event that I get found out.
              Make the decking 25cm high, not 30. simples.
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Pacharan, if you want to hit someone I don't think you need to worry about planning permission.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                X