• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The best investment ever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best investment ever?

GBP 1495 in, GBP 100K p.a out?

http://learningzone.totaljobs.com/co...-investigation

Do people really fall for these scams? Or are they just a front from a 419er?
    I think therefore I drink...

Originally posted by Boris View Post

Totaljobs Learning Zone - IT Security and Forensic Investigation

Bagpuss looks tempted but he'll need to run it past his girlfriend and accountant first.

Comment

Yeah.

Interviewer - I see you have CNNA, CSIIP, CBeebies, impressive, but what practical experience do you have?

Candidate - err, got a Netgear 10mbit hub at home. It's got four ports!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Yeah.

Interviewer - I see you have CNNA, CSIIP, CBeebies, impressive, but what practical experience do you have?

Candidate - err, got a Netgear 10mbit hub at home. It's got four ports!
        Oh, and plugging wires in, unplugging them, making little coils with them, pressing the little button on the front...

Comment

I teach a course on how to buy lottery tickets, for £200 a pop. Potential earnings are in the millions.

Comment

I fail to see the scam. Maybe they are overestimating potential earnings, but that doesn't make it a scam.

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Yeah.

True, quals and certs are useless without experience.

But for those with experience, certification or qualification to back up the practical experience can really help make you more employable at a better wage level.

I have'nt looked in to those certs before but £1.5k doesn't seem too bad. Some certs like ethical hacking/security can cost £500-£2k. CCNA minimum costs a hundred or two for the exam, more if you want to attend prep courses. Some people spend thousands on MCSE/MCP ....

Comment

Working...
            X