• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Oman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Oman

Just had a call about a four monther in Oman and should get confirmation very soon.

Who's been there and what's it like?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Just had a call about a four monther in Oman and should get confirmation very soon.

Is that you, Scooterscot?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

My brother lives there, I've been a few times to visit. It gets VERY hot in summer, traditional architecture rather than great glass Dubai style skyscrapers. Wadi bashing in 4x4's is great fun, far less toursty country than it's neighbours.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I believe Old Greg refers to it as 'a man' and he's been happily working in one for years(though he says it's a life style choice)
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've been there on holiday. People are probably the nicest you will find in the gulf and weather from April - September is way too hot - I have not experienced heat anywhere else like I have in the capital of Oman and that was early May. Dubai at the peak of summer was more bearable.
          Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 19 March 2012, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I believe Old Greg refers to it as 'a man' and he's been happily working in one for years(though he says it's a life style choice)
            MF is back with a new title - Banned!!!

Smart choice buddy - realityhacks sees it and thinks cojak already did the job

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              MF is back with a new title - Banned!!!

Smart choice buddy - realityhacks sees it and thinks cojak already did the job
              As the Mighty Splean once said - Vremya Nazad...

Great Band but Vrach kto?

Comment

Isn't Oman the one nearest to Iran?

Comment

Thorn Industries?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Isn't Oman the one nearest to Iran?
                    As near as say turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait etc?

Comment

Working...
                    X