Avatar Avatar - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Avatar

  1. #21

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Nah, they would almost certainly be far more advanced than us* and we'd not have much to offer them in the way of plunder. A bit of anal probing and that's it.

    * because the chances of them having technology far advanced of us greatly exceeds that of only just exceeding us, if they have technology to reach us, which in itself is far in advance of us.
    Which is what I said Shirley?

    I doubt they'd come looking for oil.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  2. #22

    Super poster

    amcdonald is too good to be a permie

    amcdonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down the pub
    Posts
    3,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Personally I'm not convinced by the AGW argument but at the same time I'm not daft enough to think the human race can carry on needlessly wasting rather than innovating.
    I am, science will find a way

    I reckon they've already found replacements, it just suits the oil companies to bleed us dry first eeking out evermore money once it does get scare

    If they didn't have a replacement they'd go the way of Kodak and I can't imagine they're that stupid
    Doing the needful since 1827

  3. #23

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    I am, science will find a way

    I reckon they've already found replacements, it just suits the oil companies to bleed us dry first eeking out evermore money once it does get scare

    If they didn't have a replacement they'd go the way of Kodak and I can't imagine they're that stupid
    The two most powerful nations on earth seem to be hell bent on securing their supplies, I wouldn't give them so much credit!

    I think science will find a way but I also think we'll have to endure some painful lessons during the process.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 19th March 2012 at 23:50.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  4. #24

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    TW - get a blu ray player cheapskate.
    Hard media, how quaint.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  5. #25

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bless 'em all View Post
    There'll be too many ad-breaks to enjoy it. Plus, if you haven't already seen it at a) Cinema b) DVD c) Pay-per-view you're probably not that bothered.

    I've not seen it, but might make the effort Sunday evening.

    Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    Like I said, it's warmist proganda

    The we're all raping the planet back story might as well have been shouted in capitals

    It's still zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    But then I thought Happy Feet was expolitative eco propoganda

    Just because somethings popular doesn't necessarily make it a good film
    But Happy Feet was funny.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  6. #26

    More time posting than coding

    TiroFijo has no reputation

    TiroFijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Network premier C4 Sunday 5:50pm.

    I was wondering when or if it would make it on to normal TV.
    What a big pile of sh ite that movie was.

  7. #27

    Super poster

    Scrag Meister has more data than eek

    Scrag Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London and Devon
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Got the Bluray, so can watch it without adverts anyway.

    I really enjoyed Avatar, its the only film I have ever bothered to go and see twice at the cinema, as you say the may selling point was the 3D, which made me nauseous during one of the early scenes in the space ship, physical effect from a film, that is rare.

    Its a very simple, popcorn flick, like many say "Dances with Wolves with Aliens", kept me entertained for the duration. Have watched it on Bluray once but did miss the 3D.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

  8. #28

    Super poster

    Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

    Lockhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The 1950's
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    I agree with AMcDonald. Global warmalist rot. District 9 was far superior.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

  9. #29

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    Because it might as well as have been made by swampy, you acknowledge it's an environutter film by quoting hawkings

    if you can't see the eco warmist neo socialist claptrap about how we plunder our resources and destroy our planet, and ergo anything we do that harms the planets causes global warming and can only be cured by more taxes

    Where have been the last generation ????
    No, global warming and 'green' are separate things. GW is just one of several disparate issues the greens bang on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  10. #30

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    No, global warming and 'green' are separate things. GW is just one of several disparate issues the greens bang on about.
    WDS^

    Some people pull down the shutters on their mind when they think they're being told what to do.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •