• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A message to anyone thinking of committing Suicide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adubya View Post
    Some throbber jumped under a train I was on last year. At 07:20 as the train was arriving inside Waterloo station itself!

Suffice to say they survived as the train was doing about 5mph
    Just how fat are you that a train at 5mph hasn't enough momentum to kill you?

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
      Even if the train were infinitely massive and the collision totally elastic, a person could at maximum only bounce off the train at double their approach speed, i.e. 10 mph in this case, if the person weren't also initially moving towards the train. [If the person were moving towards the train, the recoil speed gets doubled by that amount too, ouch]. The train wouldn't be slowed and the person would instantaneously accelerate to 10mph, a bit like trotting into a brick wall and bouncing off. Best not done with the head. I once walked into a lamppost, but that was more of an inelastic collision, which isn't as bad.

Comment

If I commit suicide I will cause the maximum inconvenience possible. Maybe I will drive a truck full of explosives into the dartford tunnel and explode them. Or set off an EMP in the middle of the city.

Comment

The earlier train was delayed by an hour at Waterloo last night so I arrived home at the same time.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
            Normally on the underground it’s not the train impact but the 3rd rail, which will electrocute them (as its DC it will cause the person to stick to it (so never help anyone who is stuck until they kill the power)
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
            X