• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you buy lottery tickets?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you buy lottery tickets?

Do you think they are worth it?

Lottery is a tax on the stupid in the same way speed camera's are a tax on motorists, you have a choice not to pay.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I can't be bothered and I don't like them

And they're really just stealth tax on the poor and gullible, like the X Factor they give people false hope to their existence
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

best description I heard was
        your chances of winning are the same as walking up to someone in the street and guessing their full phone number.

I remember that every time I'm tempted.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nope, never bought one. When they first came out I played a few pretend games and lost, and haven't wasted any more pretend money on them since.

Comment

A tax on people who can't do maths.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I know I shouldn't - but I do. I know I have more chance of dying in the next 30 minutes - but I have to have some sort of hope.

Comment

When the lottery first started, I used to buy a paper on Saturday for the free TV guide for the week and it had a couple of free lottery lines. Even then I didn't consider it worth my time check to check them.

Say it takes 30 seconds to dig out the sheet and check: 30 seconds * 13 million to 1 chance of being a winner = 390 million seconds = 108,000 hours = 4,513 years. Not worth the time spent.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I know I shouldn't - but I do. I know I have more chance of dying in the next 30 minutes - but I have to have some sort of hope.
                  Either way - all your problems are sorted.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I usually spend £10-£20 when the Euromillions gets > a lot or there's a decent Rollover. Don't bother otherwise. I don't intellectualise it, it's only a bit of fun.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X