• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First day of spring!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day of spring!

Spring is sprung
    The grass is riz
    I wonder where the boidies is?
    They say the boids is on the wing.
    That's absoid! The wings is on the boid.

Summer's on its way folks!
    Last edited by mudskipper; 20 March 2012, 06:36.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Spring is sprung
    The grass is riz
    I wonder where the boidies is?
    They say the boids is on the wing.
    That's absoid! The winds is on the boid.

Summer's on its way folks!
    Finally!
    Good riddance winter!

Comment

Some people got all hoity toity on here last time I mentioned spring starting around the equinox. Or perhaps it was that start of summer being on mid-summers day. Anyway, for the weathermen, spring started on the 1st March, even if most calendars show it as starting around 20/21/22 of March.

I learnt that statistically the coldest day in the northern hemisphere is 19 January, so having winter ending only 2 weeks later does seem a tad premature. I'm more inclined to go with the Yank and more old fashioned date of the spring equinox too.

Comment

I thought technically it was tomorrow?

Though my first day of spring this year was 1st March. A lovely day. Shame I came off the bike and hurt my ribs.

Comment

Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

google says it's spring. That's authority enough for me.

Comment

Happy spring everyone. The rooks were "having it" in the trees on the way into the office. The rhubarb in the garden is sprouting and the garden. All is good with the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I thought technically it was tomorrow?

Though my first day of spring this year was 1st March. A lovely day. Shame I came off the bike and hurt my ribs.
                Nope today!

Happy spring everyone and lovely day it is for it too! (well it is here anyway)
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Happy spring all
                  one day at a time

Comment

I really hope new client budgets are just around the corner...

Comment

Working...
                    X