Car Question Car Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Car Question

  1. #1

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,820

    Default Car Question

    I’m contemplating changing from Diesel to LPG. Annual mileage is around 20k to 30k. On the face of it, LPG looks a better option but there are hidden factors. LPG v Petrol ; petrol has a 1.2 power advantage, LPG v Diesel; Diesel has a 1.5 power advantage, LPG at 80p per litre then becomes the equivalent of 96p and £1,20 per litre. If running a 40mpg LPG is compared with a 60mpg diesel it actually makes the LPG slightly more expensive. Also there are certain restrictions on driving LPG in tunnels.
    Are any esteemed forum members running LPG? And what are their experiences?
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  2. #2

    Banned

    Zoiderman has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    What's it to you?
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I’m contemplating changing from Diesel to LPG. Annual mileage is around 20k to 30k. On the face of it, LPG looks a better option but there are hidden factors. LPG v Petrol ; petrol has a 1.2 power advantage, LPG v Diesel; Diesel has a 1.5 power advantage, LPG at 80p per litre then becomes the equivalent of 96p and £1,20 per litre. If running a 40mpg LPG is compared with a 60mpg diesel it actually makes the LPG slightly more expensive. Also there are certain restrictions on driving LPG in tunnels.
    Are any esteemed forum members running LPG? And what are their experiences?
    Here you go:

    Look here

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,540

    Default

    This is an IT contractor forum mate.

    We all run 5 liter V8 petrol engines in our super cars.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Scrag Meister has more data than eek

    Scrag Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London and Devon
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    This is an IT contractor forum mate.

    We all run 3.8 V6 twin-turbo petrol engines in our super cars.
    FTFY

    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 21st March 2012 at 12:08.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

  5. #5

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    This is an IT contractor forum mate.

    We all run 5 liter V8 petrol engines in our super cars.
    All I here from owners of gas-guzzlers is how they can’t afford to drive them long distances due to the cost of fuel.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  6. #6

    Banned

    Zoiderman has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    What's it to you?
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    This is an IT contractor forum mate.

    We all run 4.2 litre V8 diesel engines in our hoooge cars.
    FTFY


  7. #7

    Banned

    Zoiderman has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    What's it to you?
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    All I here from poor owners of gas-guzzlers is how they can’t afford to drive them long distances due to the cost of fuel.
    FTFY

    Charging the client 48p a mile more than pays for it.

    I do feel sorry for the peeps who bought pre 2006 gas guzzlers, thinking they'd get away without paying more road tax, then the one eyed thief come and robbed them too. Where I live, lots of people are no walking, as they can't afford to fill up their 10 year old 15mph shoguns, and lots more car sharing taking their kids to school.

    Only going to get worse.

  8. #8

    Seriously Banned

    Troll is NOT a disguised employee

    Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gods own Country
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoiderman View Post
    FTFY

    Charging the client 48p a mile more than pays for it.

    I do feel sorry for the peeps who bought pre 2006 gas guzzlers, thinking they'd get away without paying more road tax, then the one eyed thief come and robbed them too. Where I live, lots of people are no walking, as they can't afford to fill up their 10 year old 15mph shoguns, and lots more car sharing taking their kids to school.

    Only going to get worse.
    I'm getting 28 mpg out of my 16 year LWB Shogun

    HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

  9. #9

    Banned

    Zoiderman has no reputation


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    What's it to you?
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I'm getting 28 mpg out of my 16 year LWB Shogun

    HTH
    Driven like a church mouse?

  10. #10

    Seriously Banned

    Troll is NOT a disguised employee

    Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gods own Country
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Driven like a church mouse?
    Like a woman....treated with the utmost respect and pampering and then the occasional damn good thrashing to see what she can do!

    It's a diesel and nearly all the mileage is done on motorways on cruise

    Think the 3.0 & 3.5 petrols get around the 15mpg mark - most common variants to have a LPG conversion
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •