• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Friday!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording more songs this weekend.......

This new technology where you can put really fantastic sounding drum loops, that don't sound like drum loops but just an excellent drummer keeping the beat, and where you can edit the beats and add in fills if you want to is bl***dy fantastic. I also have this excellent sounding amp in the software so the recording of my guitar sounds like I've been playing full blast with 12 inch speakers Then the recording studio software adds reverb to the voice so it sounds like I'm in an expensive recording studio, also have a bass guitar. All done on headphones in a living room, and the only thing the neighbours hear is me singing out a bit on the chorus.

The end result is just bl***dy amazing, I've achieved the sound of a 50's early 60's rockband. I'm on a trip, writing new songs and creating new "hit singles" .....in my living room...

I'm not sure but I don't think I've had this much fun.......ever!!!!

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      What are you playing at the mo? PC, XBox, PS3 or Binatone?

Diablo 3 is out come May, Borderlands 2 come Sept.
      Quiet enjoyed Borderlands multiplay although our crowd moved onto L4D2 - any idea what the new BL2 is like?

Relaxing weekend, may cook some, overclocking my I7, vegetable planning and a little cycling.

Oooh, and SWTOR and WoW with the Guildies.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Quiet enjoyed Borderlands multiplay although our crowd moved onto L4D2 - any idea what the new BL2 is like?

Relaxing weekend, may cook some, overclocking my I7, vegetable planning and a little cycling.

That was just a noise...
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          That was just a noise...
          Let me filter that for you.

L4D2 - Left for Dead 2
          BL2 - Borderlands 2
          SWTOR - Star Wars the Old Republic
          WoW - World of Warcraft.
          Guildies - His fellow guild memebers in game.
          I7 - Type of Intel CPU (see below)
          CPU - Central Processing Unit

HTH, stick to the kitchen and leave the gaming and technical stuff to the men.

I don't do pay per month gaming, ala WoW, Old Republic. Co-op BL1 was fun, agreed. Torchlight 2 coming as well.

Early days on BL2, some small snippets of news but nothing major yet.

Pre-ordered D3 in 2009 and Play.com priced at £24.99, £34.99 now, good deal.
          Last edited by Scrag Meister; 23 March 2012, 10:04.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Happily. Geeks.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Done my hours for the client this week, today is plan B day.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Let me filter that for you.

L4D2 - Left for Dead 2
                BL2 - Borderlands 2
                SWTOR - Star Wars the Old Republic
                WoW - World of Warcraft.
                Guildies - His fellow guild memebers in game.
                I7 - Type of Intel CPU (see below)
                CPU - Central Processing Unit

I don't do pay per month gaming, ala WoW, Old Republic. Co-op BL1 was fun, agreed. Torchlight 2 coming as well.

Early days on BL2, some small snippets of news but nothing major yet.

Pre-ordered D3 in 2009 and Play.com priced at £24.99, £34.99 now, good deal.

Sorry, MP...!

Thanks for the update, Scrag.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Sat - Probably escape the city again and meet some friends in St. Albans as the weather looks good

Sun - DIY (Fixing a broken skirting board, hanging some new artwork and replacing some sealant in the bathroom) and Plan B

Comment

Started skyrim last weekend and just made a set of dragon armour. Last night I killed a giant and cut his big toe off and pillaged his dead body - he looked familiar

Tonight I am taking the tribe to York and am back on the ale - yippee
                    Tomorrow we are getting a free tour of the minster from some church bigwig - also yippee

then the women will go shopping whilst me and my boy get hammered in the cellar - - more yippeee

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sorry, MP...!

Thanks for the update, Scrag.
                      What's vegetable planning?
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X