• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you throw litter on the street?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Bliar was/is a war criminal.
    ftfy
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Bliar was/is a Christian.
      Indeed. And didn't he claim that his war of terror (or was it war on terror?) was morally the right thing to do rather than listen to the majority of people in the country who were against going to war?

He should have listened to the electorate rather than "God". Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's .....

Comment

Top Tip: Carry a small zip lock bag (100 for £1) when on a day trip or holiday. Everything can go in there all sealed up and it takes up next to no room when folded. At a pinch they can also serve as a pillow, life raft and water holder too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Top Tip: Carry a small zip lock bag (100 for £1) when on a day trip or holiday. Everything can go in there all sealed up and it takes up next to no room when folded. At a pinch they can also serve as a pillow, life raft, water holder and makeshift toilet too.
          FTFY

Comment

Top Tip: Carry a small zip lock bag (100 for £1) when on a day trip or holiday. Everything can go in there all sealed up and it takes up next to no room when folded. At a pinch they can also serve as a pillow, life raft and water holder too.
            I should think/hope that most people who visit this forum actually know how to dispose of their litter.
            (Tie them up in sack with a few bricks and lob it into the canal is not the kind of "litter" I'm talking about.)

Comment

This is one thing that really drives me up the fu<king wall. Well, this and people using disabled parking bays when they shouldn't.

At the front of my house is a small wall with a hedge and in front of this is a bus stop.

About once a month I have to pick out all the cans, bottles, fag boxes and crisp packets before walking the fifteen feet to dump them in the litter bin. It drives me fe<king crazy.

The other day I was pulling into my drive and there was some adult with her teenage kid, who was drinking a can of coke. I could see the bus approaching so I decided to see what he'd do.

First he went to shove it my hedge but caught sight of me giving my best Paddington Bear death stare. Next he decided to put it on the floor but my 'Oi!' puit him off so he gave it to his mum to hold. She was apparently oblivious to alll this happening in front of her eyes.

It REALLY does my bollox in!

One of this year's projects is a bigger wall and a wooden fence, which is a shame cos I quite liked the hedge.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Ah yes the very moral old testament. Where a group of youngsters taunted a prophet calling him baldy. So the Lord sent a bear from the mountains and mauled 42 of them.

2 Kings 2:23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!"
                2 Kings 2:24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Indeed not everyone with morals is a Christian. But there are almost none in parliament with morals and Christianity would be a good place to start. And this is still nominally a Christian country.
                I'm not religious in any way but I'm going to have to read this book if it has stuff like this in. It's the equivalent of Indiana Jones pulling a gun on the sword wielding baddy in Raiders
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Make litter out of gold and there would be no litter problem, although it might taken a while to save up for your first Mars bar.

Comment

I blame the IRA. It started after the auhorities removed litter bins in case they got blown up.
                    Are you allowed out on your own? I'm just wondering because that had to be one of the most stupid excuses for dropping litter on Britains streets I've ever witnessed.

Comment

Make litter out of gold and there would be no litter problem, although it might taken a while to save up for your first Mars bar.
                      When I was a lad you could take bottles back to the shop and get a deposit back.

Maybe comon litter items (like tin cans) should have to have a deposit on them?

Comment

Working...
                      X