• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used 'Red' Diesel in their Cars?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Go ahead, remove the red dye if you want to. It also has a UV marker in it and the C&E chaps will have you doing bird in no time. They can even pickup the UV marker from the exhaust fumes without dipping the tank.
    Didn't think they could do it off the fumes.

Just not worth it.

Where I live, all the farmers drive about hoosed up on their diesel quads, which will 100% be on red fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Some redneck on ‘Road Wars’ got pulled for it; the wreck he was driving gave the game away.
      I saw a programme of that ilk where a chap tried to mask his red diesel by adding engine oil to the mixture, turning it a muddy colour. But the policemen took a sample and the guy got done.

Comment

PS.

Running cars on red diesel, making cheap phone calls, family holidays for £600, sleeping in vans, can't afford to heat your homes.

WTF has happened to IT Contractors and "Contractor Lifestyle"?

Spot the odd one out

£600 cheap No, £50 is cheap(ish).

Comment

I know someone who got caught with it.

He did get off - a disgruntled employee, 'could' have put it in and pocketed the difference.

Wasn't beyond reasonable doubt.

I think he could have had his vehicle confiscated plus fine plus... plus...

He said it wasn't worth the hassle in the end.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Spot the odd one out

£600 cheap No, £50 is cheap(ish).
            If I get change from £3K for a family holiday I'm well chuffed. But then I only do the best. Because I'm worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
              Didn't think they could do it off the fumes.

Just not worth it.

Where I live, all the farmers drive about hoosed up on their diesel quads, which will 100% be on red fuel.
              But they'll have agricultural road tax.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Can red diesel be used legally for back power system generators, ie - not for driving on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  But they'll have agricultural road tax.
                  No idea how it works here. In France, you're allowed on the road with your agricultural vehicles within 5kms of your farm. I guess if it is registered as an agricultural vehicle that would make sense.

However, not too sure the amount of cider they've got on board would be passed on their agricultural license

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Can red diesel be used legally for back power system generators, ie - not for driving on the road?
                    Yes
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If I get change from £3K for a family holiday I'm well chuffed. But then I only do the best. Because I'm worth it.

£3k is cheap too. Flight to the states is £3k all tied up. House rental for 3 weeks is another £3k and then £6k spending. The 3 weeks in France last year cost £4k on the house alone.

Very fooking expensive is this family holiday malarkey, hence the house purchase....

Comment

Working...
                      X