• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel 'crisis'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel 'crisis'

They're now calling it a crisis on telly. Nothing's happened yet except words.

FFS.

Took me twenty minutes to get out of office yesterday, because main road was gridlocked with people queueing for petrol.

Edit: Didn't see other thread.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    They're now calling it a crisis on telly. Nothing's happened yet except words.

FFS.

Took me twenty minutes to get out of office yesterday, because main road was gridlocked with people queueing for petrol.
    Make sure you panic first.

Comment

I filled up on Monday night. I went out last night - came back at 9pm and tried to fill up with the 10 litres that had been used. Large queue at all stations. When I cycled past the Shell Garage on the fiveways (A20) at 5:15 there was a queue - despite the sign saying no regular unleaded or disel.

BTW - for a plan B how about a website that tells you which garages have petrol and their price?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I filled up on Monday night. I went out last night - came back at 9pm and tried to fill up with the 10 litres that had been used. Large queue at all stations. When I cycled past the Shell Garage on the fiveways (A20) at 5:15 there was a queue - despite the sign saying no regular unleaded or disel.

BTW - for a plan B how about a website that tells you which garages have petrol and their price?
        How about taking down the registration numbers of all the mindless fuqwits queing for fuel?

You could sell the list to Nigerian fraudsters as potential phishing victims.

Comment

I've got shag all petrol in the tank. Worked at home all week so far and last week cycled in most days. I suppose I'd better go and fill up, on present usage though it will Yale a month to use up.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I've got shag all petrol in the tank. Worked at home all week so far and last week cycled in most days. I suppose I'd better go and fill up, on present usage though it will Yale a month to use up.
            You're posting from your phone again, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              You're posting from your phone again, aren't you?
              Ah.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                How about taking down the registration numbers of all the mindless fuqwits queing for fuel?

You could sell the list to Nigerian fraudsters as potential phishing victims.
                I just got back from filling up. Local station out of fuel so had to go 5 miles to get some. (had to queue for almost an hour) My 4x4 was on empty (In the red) so no choice and didn't have enough fuel to return anyway.
                Delay was caused by the so called mindless fuqwits filling up cans as well as cars. contractors filling up drums and finally by the station running dry on petrol on one row of pumps. Thankfully I got my 90 quids worth of gogo juice in the tank before they ran out of deisel too.
                I wouldn't have bothered and used the Harley to get around on (full tank and spare jerry can of petrol in my garage I keep for the ride on mower) but have to run the wife back and forth the hospital for the next week.
                I must get into the habit of keeping the tank full
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I've filled all my cars up plus 20 jerry cans, so if you get there and there's none left, and you can't get to work and you get fired.

Comment

This is brilliant for an arsonist; filling 20 cans full of unleaded used to attract some suspicions, now thanks to that twat Maude, I, sorry, arsonists can now tool themselves up without fear of capture...

Comment

Working...
                    X