• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a waste

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a waste

Did you all grow up imagining yourselves sitting in an office 9 to 6 when you are older?

I didn't, but here I am, stuck in an office and churning out stupid Word documents and Powerpoint slides week in week out.

The money is good, I am good at what I do (it's difficult not to be) - but it's soul-destroyingly, mind-numbingly unsatisfying.

How I envy people who do what they love, and get paid well for it!

What a waste it is to spend a whole life like this!

Originally posted by bf2 View Post
    Did you all grow up imagining yourselves sitting in an office 9 to 6 when you are older?

I didn't, but here I am, stuck in an office and churning out stupid Word documents and Powerpoint slides week in week out.

The money is good, I am good at what I do (it's difficult not to be) - but it's soul-destroyingly, mind-numbingly unsatisfying.

So do something about it

Comment

Tell them you want to wfh. It's the office that's depressing.

Comment

It's not your whole life. You will be able to retire when you are 76. Or maybe 84.

Comment

Who does that then?

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. I reckon some self love every morning will sort you.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. .
            And that we have a seven figure bank balance even though we are homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              It's not your whole life. You will be able to retire when you are 76. Or maybe 84.
              Dear old Gideon has just changed it to 96.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                And that we have a seven figure bank balance even though we are homeless.
                It goes up every week. Come back when it's eight.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

ANd how are the TPS reports coming along ?
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

It is your own fault.

Tone

Comment

Working...
                    X