• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotel Loyalty Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel Loyalty Schemes

When I am on contract I usually stay in house shares as I prefer them to hotels, but this gig its not possible as my time will be split between two locations.

Does anyone try to make use then of hotel loyalty schemes? Are there any which are better than others?

Most of my bookings will be made through Hotel.com which offers its own scheme (one free night with every 10 booked) but also has the advantage of 10% cash back through Quidco.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I've used Hotels.com in the past via Quidco for the 10% cashback but you might find that Hotels.com adds a 10% booking fee to your order when you get to the checkout. I noticed this a few years ago and have not used Hotels.com since so it might have changed.

Comment

I cashed in all my Hilton points a few years back and had two weeks in Hawaii.

Now that I pay for my own hotels, I don't stay in many hotels which have any kind of loyalty scheme, although I do have a corporate account with Premier Inn.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I cashed in all my Hilton points a few years back and had two weeks in Hawaii.

Now that I pay for my own hotels, I don't stay in many hotels which have any kind of loyalty scheme, although I do have a corporate account with Premier Inn.
        I will always go for the cheapest option, but if there is only a few quid in it loyalty schemes may be a deciding vote.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I will always go for the cheapest option, but if there is only a few quid in it loyalty schemes may be a deciding vote.
          I don't bother with the hotel ones any more, since they tend to expire before I've had chance to build up to something useful.

Airlines ones I always go with the one to get points, although now that BMI are going, it means that I'll end up collecting ThirdWorld points instead of Star Alliance, which I'm not happy about.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Best one used to be intercontinental's 6 Continents Club, before Holiday Inn took over and ruined it. Once you got to the top level, you were guaranteed a suite, you got a bottle of wine and a bow of fruit in your room, and could drink the entire mini-bar for free every night.

Combine that with the weekend specials they uised to do and you could (and I have) spend a weekend in the Amstel hotel in Amsterdam in a 2 bedroom suite for 99 quid a night, and drink the 'mini bar', which in the Amstel consists of a bottle of Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Brandy, Sherry and some others. I worked out that for 99 quid a night I was taking home 120 quids worth of booze.

Happy days.
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I don't bother with the hotel ones any more, since they tend to expire before I've had chance to build up to something useful.

Airlines ones I always go with the one to get points, although now that BMI are going, it means that I'll end up collecting ThirdWorld points instead of Star Alliance, which I'm not happy about.
              Reading up its one free night for every 10 booked, valid for 12 months. It means on a 20 night month I can get a free weekend stay when I visit the kids down in Somerset

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Reading up its one free night for every 10 booked, valid for 12 months. It means on a 20 night month I can get a free weekend stay when I visit the kids down in Somerset
                If you are regularly going to stay at the same hotel speak to the management and ask what price they will charge you.

I can safely say for a regular booking it will be less than any internet price.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  If you are regularly going to stay at the same hotel speak to the management and ask what price they will charge you.

I can safely say for a regular booking it will be less than any internet price.
                  If I could offer some sort of regularity I would be in a house share, but alas its 50/50 split between two sites and its a case of here and there when needed

Comment

Well I have cards from most of the major chains but my Accor and Priority Club ones have millions of points on them so I use them for holidays each year. Stay in nice hotels, get excellent rooms and not pay and the points don't expire, now need to do something the hundreds of thousands of points on the AMEX Business Card. Miles and More is bollocks as the points expire...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X