• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is The Masters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an interesting question.

Has The Open ever been played on a non links course?

I don't know the answer to this but I certainly can't remember an occassion when this has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Here's an interesting question.

Has The Open ever been played on a non links course?

I don't know the answer to this but I certainly can't remember an occassion when this has happened.
      No, its only ever played on links courses
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        True, but that could be said of most shots to the green, late in the back nine, by contenders over the years.
        Completely agree, but last hole needing to get up and down to win is about as serious as it gets. If he'd been in a similar scenario on the 14th for example and makes bogey he's got time to recover, but bogey the last and it's bye bye Green Jacket....

Comment

Well, the question on everybody's lips this morning is WTF is Bill Haas?

Overall I'm quite pleased with Rory's progress - a great shot with the sand wedge getting him out of the sand trap to save par on the 2nd was probably the highlight for me.

Comment

Jiminez had a great front 9 taking him to 4 under but he threw it all away on the back 9 finishing on a round of 71.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
              Well, the question on everybody's lips this morning is WTF is Bill Haas?

Overall I'm quite pleased with Rory's progress - a great shot with the sand wedge getting him out of the sand trap to save par on the 2nd was probably the highlight for me.
              Bill Haas is the nowhere man who won the Fedex Cup in 2011 - $10m!
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Great birdie there from Stieth on the 4th.

20 yards or so and the ball was stuck right in the sandtrap.

Are we going to witness the youngest ever person to don the green jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  Great birdie there from Stieth on the 4th.

20 yards or so and the ball was stuck right in the sandtrap.

Are we going to witness the youngest ever person to don the green jacket?
                  I think it's unlikely Gricer, even given Spieth's prominent position. Being near the front when push comes to shove can play havoc with the marbles of a virgin. I stand to be corrected if he holds on to it however!

Of greater import though, Rickie Fowler has reduced his traditional last-day all-orange attire and gone for mock-tartan creamed trousers. The Masters doesn't quite seem the same.

Comment

Oh Bubba!

A dogged performance from the Sunday afternoon hacker.

I have to see I have never seen a field so devoid of starburst quality on the final 2 days of the Masters.

Golf is in crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      I think it's unlikely Gricer, even given Spieth's prominent position. Being near the front when push comes to shove can play havoc with the marbles of a virgin. I stand to be corrected if he holds on to it however!

Of greater import though, Rickie Fowler has reduced his traditional last-day all-orange attire and gone for mock-tartan creamed trousers. The Masters doesn't quite seem the same.

How right you were DS.

In fact, the moment I clicked the button to submit that post, a groan emanated from the TV set and there was Jordan in the drink.

What would Rickie Fowler do if the Ryder Cup or the Open to be held on Irish soil? Can't see him getting away that that attire in those circumstances somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X