• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Repileaks - should rep be anonymous?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    should we reset rep counts for all so old rep is not shown or should all old rep be made visible too?
    Reset the rep and then keep an eye on MF this time round.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    I also think that rep shouldn't be weighted according to one's on rep status.
    Weighting is good but on a social board should perhaps not be a simple linear thing... cap it at the high end and prevent new posters being able to give rep at all.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Rep as it is here has no meaning, it's not like Slashdot et al where rep alters the presentation of posts in threads or some such.

But saying that, in it's current form it does encourage virtual bitch slapping

Whether you use anonymous repping or actual identities it will still be misused

The problem is rep here has no purpose except for people to impress others over how high or low their rep is
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

WCJS

And if anonymity leads to abusive and bullying comments being left like last time, it won't be tolerated.

Comment

Not only do I think is should be visible, I think each post that has rep applied to it should show the reps and who executed the repping. Totally transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            Whether you use anonymous repping or actual identities it will still be misused
            True, but after repileaks, the brave keyboard warriors toned their comments right down.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              The problem is rep here has no purpose except for people to impress others over how high or low their rep is
              That's the normal way. The idea being that because people want a good rep, they are less likely to act like dicks.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd like it all to be visible and all existing rep to be made visible also.

Comment

I think it should be visible and also have the ability to have a rep-filter to stop some people from giving rep scores.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    If it does become anonymous this is just a note to let you know that I will tell anyone who asks, that it was MF who neg repped them.

HTH.
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      That's the normal way. The idea being that because people want a good rep, they are less likely to act like dicks.
                      I created this id so that I could be nasty with impunity, and look what happened to me.

I vote for transparency.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X