• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Lewis gone to the dogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think everything in the world is made in China. Even the Japanese stuff I buy is made there, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Sony.
    I wonder if our Egyptian Cotton bedding was made in China
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Another Pratchett reference

They won't get it you know. None of them read the classics
      I bought some luggage from John Lewis but it grew legs and ran off. Then I bought a washing machine but it would only go into rince mode when it was breezy.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Another Pratchett reference

They won't get it you know. None of them read the classics
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          You could call it "the guild of seamstresses"
          You'll probably find that "The Worshipful Company of Merchant Tailors" might have something to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            The "Siberian goose feather" pillows in John Lewis felt like they were stuffed with hedgehogs. That should have been a clue that things aren't as they were.

Or else Siberian geese mutated after Chernobyl, and now resemble giant airborne porcupines
            That's a coincidence. I ordered goose once in a Siberian restaurant and it looked suspiciously like hedgehog and turnip. The boiled cabbage and beetroot starter was ok though
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I bought some luggage from John Lewis but it grew legs and ran off. Then I bought a washing machine but it would only go into rince mode when it was breezy.

I stand corrected!

There are well read people of taste and distinction within this bastion of decadance and perversion
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

You need to go for these ones:

Buy John Lewis Hungarian Goose Down Pillow online at JohnLewis.com - John Lewis

which are 100% down. Most of the others have a percentage of feathers or a feather core.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  You need to go for these ones:

Buy John Lewis Hungarian Goose Down Pillow online at JohnLewis.com - John Lewis

which are 100% down. Most of the others have a percentage of feathers or a feather core.
                  Oooh - tempted. A few people complaining about the smell though.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    Oooh - tempted. A few people complaining about the smell though.
                    Hmm. I have 4 of them and no funny smells. Perhaps there was a bad batch or something.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Hmm. I have 4 of them and no funny smells. Perhaps there was a bad batch or something.
                      Ordered. If they smell, they're going back!

Comment

Working...
                      X