• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Lewis gone to the dogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Lewis gone to the dogs

Visited John Lewis intending to buy some decent Jonelle pillows and pillow covers, only to find they had been replaced by cheap and nasty Chinese crap.

John Lewis to axe Jonelle

and when I opened a pillow case with a nice pattern on one side, the other side (not visible when it was packed) was white! FFS, How tacky and deceitful can they get!?

Well that's one fewer customer of theirs.

and is there nothing not made in flipping China these days? If they suddenly had another revolution, or a plague, we'd be back in the stone age in no time, runing around in animal skins!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    This article is dated Thu, 11 Dec 2003

Comment

Maybe Habitat left a gap in the market for expensive tat?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This article is dated Thu, 11 Dec 2003
        Well it says they would "gradually" replace their Jonelle stock, and I bought some Jonelle pillows there only a couple of years ago. So presumably somewhere they must have a vast warehouse piled to the rafters with pillows and suchlike, and only now is the decent old stock exhausted.

Guess I'll have to try Harrods from now on, but even they are probably up to the same tricks.

Comment

Local seamstress could run up whatever you like with quality material. I regularly get clothes from M&S altered.

A lot to be said for local small businesses.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

They sell Thornbridge Jaipur ale so still features on my radar

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Local seamstress could run up whatever you like with quality material. I regularly get clothes from M&S altered.

A lot to be said for local small businesses.
              Absolutely. I couldn't agree more, and would be more than happy to use them, But the problem is finding them.

Comment

Pillows in this country are piss poor - I have import some proper goose feather ones from Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Pillows in this country are piss poor - I have import some proper goose feather ones from Russia.
                  The "Siberian goose feather" pillows in John Lewis felt like they were stuffed with hedgehogs. That should have been a clue that things aren't as they were.

Or else Siberian geese mutated after Chernobyl, and now resemble giant airborne porcupines
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 14 April 2012, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    The "Siberian goose feather" pillows in John Lewis felt like they were stuffed with hedgehogs. That should have been a clue that things aren't as they were.
                    They were also probably made in China, who to be fair thinks big parts of Siberia are soon to be reclaimed Chinese territory ...

Comment

Working...
                    X