• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Workplace Bullying. Bully, bullied or take no sh1t!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A small success story

A whole week! That's what I call stamina.

I walked out of one tulipehole after 4 hours...

Comment

Quickest you've ever walked out of a contract

So what is it? Only once have I deemed it necessary to walk straight out of a contract.

Applied for it, interviewed it and had one of those ring ring ring really pushy agents. At the time (five years back) I felt obliged to take it. It was miles from home, hotel etc. I had decided to go travelling but then circumstances stopped me so I took it.

The PM had asked me to take 120 spreadsheets of customer info and create for them a database. He asked if I had ever done anything like this b4 and my answer was yes and I hated it then as well.

Lunchtime I walked, went home and took a flight out around the world 5 days later.

Comment

McLoser

"exposing you to such situations, I know I would be if I did that to my staff.Its just laziness and stupidity."

He was employed as a manager for fecks sake! It is not unreasonable for a Director to expect a manager to take charge of a meeting with his direct reports! Even if such a situation is sprung on him. Poor little lamb.

Sounds like Mcguidd lacks social and interpersonal skills and should have never been made a manager.

Comment

Re: McLoser

Sorry its dog eat dog in your world, in mine its getting the best out of your employees, so if someone is nrvous about a situation I don't force them into it. Of course the sensible answer would have been to have selected the right man for the job in the first place.

Comment

Don't let the bastards grind you down

Full marks for being honest. Treat any "clever dick" comments here with the appropriate disdain reserved for the tossers of this world.

Comment

My last Permy job had to work for the Financial Director who thought he knew how to programme a database. Anyway he got himself sent on a course to write add-ons to an accounting package and one of the days was on Normalisation. Anyway to cut a long story short we were talking about Normalisation 'I always do that' - Yes that is why he wrote an invoicing system with the customer name and address on the invoice header record, the customer record and every transaction! fecking idiot!

Had my revenge. Refused to answer when one of his fellow directors asked what I thought of his programming ability. Which was as good as saying he was tulipe while still looking professional. When I went contracting more than doubled income so walked out giving a weeks notice rather than the month. They realised that they had been taking the p1ss over the wage (below NMW by the way).

Comment

Working...
              X