• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiot of the day - The result!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't think someone who keeps their cash in a mattress or a wheelbarrow should be offering advice on what is or isn't sensible.
    Why not? At least I've got the cash and I don't have to borrow it to make a tenner a month.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Why not? At least I've got the cash and I don't have to borrow it to make a tenner a month.
      You still haven't got the hang of this have you.

If you had £10k and invested it at 5% and then borrowed another £10k at 3.5% and invested it at 5% you'd still have £10k plus you'd make some extra on the rest of it.

Is youse a bit slow?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Oh, has he bought a bed now? I thought he was still sleeping on the sofa.
        I thought he had a mattress but not a sofa.

Awww bless. He thinks we live in a cash-based economy.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you had £10k and invested it at 5% and then borrowed another £10k at 3.5% and invested it at 5% you'd still have £10k plus you'd make some extra on the rest of it.
          If all I had was £10k I sure as heck won't spend it to have liquidity. That's something you are not familiar with as otherwise you would not be borrowing lots of credit cards with "0%" interest rate.

What is your daily rate MF, £500 or more? If the best you can do for your family is to make a tenner using borrowed money because you ain't got any cash then I pity your future wife and God forbid any children.

Comment

I thought he had a mattress but not a sofa.
            I have both.

Awww bless. He thinks we live in a cash-based economy.
            Cash is always king

Comment

I have both.

Cash is always king
              the only interest you get with cash is from the bloke with the stripey jumper

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                the only interest you get with cash is from the bloke with the stripey jumper
                Beats debt collectors repossessing MF wife's house for default on this 0% credit card bill

Comment

Beats debt collectors repossessing MF wife's house for default on this 0% credit card bill
                  Actually I have £38k out on credit cards at the present. Granted you have to be careful on how you manage it, but effectively I make (and have historically for the last 15 years) about £1000-£2000 per year on using credit cards via transfers & cashbacks. They are an invaluable source of quick/cheap cash if you so need it. I wouldn't recommend it for the numerically dyslexic though.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Actually I have £38k out on credit cards at the present.
                    I have £0.

They are an invaluable source of quick/cheap cash if you so need it.
                    If you need more cash than your savings permit then don't buy what you wanted until you save enough to afford it.

HTH

Comment

Actually I have £38k out on credit cards at the present. Granted you have to be careful on how you manage it, but effectively I make (and have historically for the last 15 years) about £1000-£2000 per year on using credit cards via transfers & cashbacks. They are an invaluable source of quick/cheap cash if you so need it. I wouldn't recommend it for the numerically dyslexic though.
                      is it really worth it for a couple of days money?

jeez, i dont need money that bad to feck about with cashback and balance transfers, or even credit cards at all

Comment

Working...
                      X