• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Didn't someone on here knob their cleaner?

Is that the best way to ensure good reliable staff?
    I could tell you stories!!!

I could have done a blog on the incidents that happened when I ran the agency!

Cleaner getting drunk on the client's booze and throwing up on the sofa - blamed the client for NOT having the booze under lock and key!!! WTF!!

Client married their cleaner - I did try to continue getting paid for her services to him but he wouldn't wear it!!

Tone

Comment

You get paid more in benefits and a free house if you stay at home unemployed. Where is the motivation to go out and slog it out as a cleaner ? Most of the cleaners are just chancers wanting to meet a millionaire like AtW and do some gold digging.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
        Client married their cleaner - I did try to continue getting paid for her services to him but he wouldn't wear it!!Tone
        Suggest you speak to Dodgy Agent re:temps going perm and getting a finders fee!
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          You get paid more in benefits and a free house if you stay at home unemployed. Where is the motivation to go out and slog it out as a cleaner ? Most of the cleaners are just chancers wanting to meet a millionaire like AtW and do some gold digging.
          AtW is holding out for this one.

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
            I could tell you stories!!!

I could have done a blog on the incidents that happened when I ran the agency!

Cleaner getting drunk on the client's booze and throwing up on the sofa - blamed the client for NOT having the booze under lock and key!!! WTF!!

Client married their cleaner - I did try to continue getting paid for her services to him but he wouldn't wear it!!

Tone

They are hardly "stories". Mr Pad has better stories than that without owning any cleaner agency.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I would

Mich
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Didn't someone on here knob their cleaner?

Is that the best way to ensure good reliable staff?
                Good memory Sir!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-should-i.html

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

She will probably stick that broom in his ass if he comes anywhere near her.

Comment

Yup OP, I think this is par for the course with any manual job in the UK.

I dont have the link, but there's a guy in the midlands who now ONLY hires eastern european workers for this reason.

His business is doing well and he's increased his pay scale based on length of service.

I think the problem is our system, since the 80's has totally demeaned any manual labourers - if you tell your children that without academic qualifications that are useful in the office that they are "FAILURES" then what attitude do you expect?

Could you, as a child (which I think 18 yr olds are) really "accept" that you're a failure by working what you've been conditioned to believe is the work undertaken by people with little value?

Yes, I do think its Tory to say 95% can go to college, because they can't - I couldn't .

I blame the crap we're putting our kids through, but us gifted high earning middle classes sometimes have difficulty accepting that the UK is not the land of opportunity it was for us. Everyone's world is different , thats why we have psychology and sociology.

That said, these skills have been completely eroded by Economics and Marketing.

Our education system is now dying a slow death thanks to our current government and no one seems to care.

In 5 years, if things dont change, EVERY school will be out of state control as an academy - Ofsted change from "Satisfactory" to "Needs improvement" means that schools that are doing fine by the national curriculum will also be branded failures - Every school that "Needs improvement" will have a crash team assigned to manage it, to make it an academy.

IMHO <flame away>
                    Last edited by Scoobos; 24 April 2012, 09:28.

Comment

Why are they all called Mrs Mopp?

Comment

Working...
                      X