• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    The thing is though, was the house clean? Did she nick anything?
    We've had a cleaner a few times (and thinking it's about time we hired one again), I was only interested in the job being done, not how long it took. Cleaner was hired, we specified what needed doing in the form of a list of cleaning tasks and a price was agreed. We expected it to take a couple of hours but I couldn't give a toss if it only took half an hour so long as the job was done to an agreed standard. Obsessing about time spent on a job instead of the quality of the end product is typical of a bad manager.
    Oh, and I would never dream of spying on an employee without having reasonable suspicion. If you don't feel you can trust someone, then what the hell are you doing giving them a key to your home? If I was a cleaner, and I noticed spy cameras, I too would turn them around, either that or show it my ass and then walk out leaving the key draped over it.
    Exactly. and I said that to them too. Its just that a month or so ago we started to notice that things were being missed, the work was not up to scratch and we were getting increasing sorry didnt have time to do that today excuses.

I had a polite word with the company about 4-5 weeks ago and they promised to sort it. I had the same conversation 2 weeks ago and said I'd give the cleaner a few weeks final chance.
    So yes I had reasonable grounds to suspect. And I was right of course.

I get the feeling this has been going since at least when I first complained.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Exactly. and I said that to them too. Its just that a month or so ago we started to notice that things were being missed, the work was not up to scratch and we were getting increasing sorry didnt have time to do that today excuses.

I had a polite word with the company about 4-5 weeks ago and they promised to sort it. I had the same conversation 2 weeks ago and said I'd give the cleaner a few weeks final chance.
      So yes I had reasonable grounds to suspect. And I was right of course.

I get the feeling this has been going since at least when I first complained.
      Fair enough. Have you tried a different agency?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        tch I really need to learn how to speak Geordie!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          tch I really need to learn how to speak Geordie!
          You do, cos I'm somewhat of an expert.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            You do, cos I'm somewhat of an expert.
            I'm a Geordie learning the deep southern language they talk here in West Yorkshire, deein alreet.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              I'm a Geordie learning the deep southern language they talk here in West Yorkshire, deein alreet.
              You wanna try Swindon.

Actually no, you don't.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

bloody hell the mad bitch is now saying she has returned the key! She aint so its obviously some sort of game. Get the feeling shes not all there to be hones.t

Time to get the locks changed I think.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  bloody hell the mad bitch is now saying she has returned the key! She aint so its obviously some sort of game. Get the feeling shes not all there to be hones.t

Time to get the locks changed I think.
                  I thought you were complaining she didn't want to come to your house, now you're worried she will?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I thought you were complaining she didn't want to come to your house, now you're worried she will?

made me larf that did doogers.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Just superglue the locks. That'll stop the mad bitch getting in!!

Comment

Working...
                      X