• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Scoobos - why couldnt you go to college?

BTW I aint middle class. Grandfather worked underground (and died because of it), old man worked in factory for 40 years, I lived on rough council estate and went to crap comprehensive school.

Not saying everyone should but they can if they want to. If you dont go, and end up in a lower paid job then all I'm saying is you should do the best you can.

Like I said, and others have posted here, it seems there are people out there who just cant be arsed. Its this attitude more than anything else that causes the problems.
    To all those with cleaners, sort your wife out FFS, it's her job!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      To all those with cleaners, sort your wife out FFS, it's her job!
      LOL. Good point.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

went to college, miss having a degree though, its a filter for most agencies.

tried cleaning during college decided 50+ years doing that would drive me mad so bucked my ideas up.

I think key to this is for many casual low paid workers work is optional due to benefits.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No theres not. But dont moan about it and do a half-arsed cant be bothered job.
          That sounds like most people in 'proper' jobs to me.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Probably says more about agency cleaners than people on low pay.

Try asking around and seeing if you can get a recommendation for someone you can employ directly.
            Seconded. Find the neighbouring lady whose kids have left home and wants something to fill her time.

On pay, look at the ads for cleaners in your local rag and agree on a rate somewhere in the middle.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Seconded. Find the neighbouring lady whose kids have left home and wants something to fill her time.

On pay, look at the ads for cleaners in your local rag and agree on a rate somewhere in the middle.
              Is this the right thread? Wasn't this something for Kent Philip?

Comment

It's a good business in recessions...

The labour element becomes easier to recruit and the level of enquiries from potential customers seems to stay the same.

Most people choosing to obtain a cleaner are pretty affluent and are not really buffetted by economic downturns.

Also, when a woman is used to having a cleaner - it takes some serious thought having to tell the missus she has to start cleaning the bogs again!!

It's an easy sell - BUT the issue is the cleaners...

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                  Is this the right thread? Wasn't this something for Kent Philip?
                  One cleaner was trying to marry her daughter off to me.

P.S. Shhhh! The milkman told me I probably could have had the mother too. Milkmen know these things.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

now this week says she cant make it because its her birthday and she wants to go out for the day instead. WTF! I'll try that next time client wants an urgent roll-out of something and see how long I last.
                    Is comparing an "urgent roll-out of something" with cleaning the skids off your crapper really a fair comparison?

If I was cleaning for a living I'd probably want to take my birthday off too rather than cleaning someone elses skids. I don't think that's unreasonable. Perhaps we need an "Attitude of people on high daily rates" thread, complete with inordinate amounts of exclamation marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      One cleaner was trying to marry her daughter off to me.

P.S. Shhhh! The milkman told me I probably could have had the mother too. Milkmen know these things.
                      I once bought a Milkmans franchise in the vain hope it would get me out of IT, leave me lots of the day free, keep me fresh and fit. I lasted 4 weeks. Part social worker, hard yakka, the round I bought, I was advised, had a 1.30 am start, which couldn't be adjusted for 12 months. However, this advise was issued after I had signed on the dotted stuff, a keen reminder for me to remember to read said small print in future. Worst job there is, or right up there.

Did get to see a lot, and also get involved a lot too lol.

Funny days looking back on it. Everytime I make noises about leaving IT again, I remember what this was like.

You should have had a bit of fun sysman

Comment

Working...
                      X