• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a bit of a thing about this and my recent experiences with bloody cleaners proves it.

Decided to get in touch with an agency and get a cleaner in. First one lasted about 7 weeks. Used to turn up moan to the Mrs about how crap a job it was cleaning. Then again, in 7 weeks she only turned up for 3 - the other weeks there was some sort of emergency. So she got canned.

Next one turns up. Starts out OK no problems. Shes started the usual moaning now, turning up late, and now this week says she cant make it because its her birthday and she wants to go out for the day instead. WTF! I'll try that next time client wants an urgent roll-out of something and see how long I last.

Which goes back to my point. If you're stuck in a low paid job, then I think theres a ton of people out there who are doing this not because they're unlucky or whatever, but because of their attitude to work. My recent experience proves this - OK so you're stuck doing a cleaning job but if you cant even do that properly then you aint going to get anything better.

Not wanting to sound like a bit of a Tory scummer here but I've always thought that 95% of people can go to college if they put a bit of effort into it. It annoys me so much then when people bleat at how lucky you are/how hard done by they are when they never got off their arse to better themselves!

(Of course, notwithstanding that there are people out who never got the chance due to illness, looking after an ill family member etc - thats completely different!)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I don't know where you live, but in the SE, we had a cleaners who'd be very unreliable, as they could always find more clients. In the West, the opposite is true, and it's reflected in the cleaner we have, who is reliable, in the sense she turns up every week, but given where we are, time is a floating concept...

Comment

I used to own a cleaning agency (plan B).

It certainly is the 80/20 rule.

I my opinion the "20" is more and more East European.

VERY good business IF you can get decent cleaners.

Yep, we're truly flipped!

Tone

Comment

It's because it's a culture of what the other person has. Should have done better at school. As a student before I went to Uni I used to do cleaning jobs(among others) and always tried to do a quick & fast job. Keeping yourself busy is the trick, not doing the 'drudging around bored thing'.

We had a cleaner for a while & she she seemed pretty good until I found the wife was paying her £14 per hour!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Whatever you are paid you should not be moaning to a customer.

Though judging from the posts on cuk I think a few here don't remember that.

Comment

Probably says more about agency cleaners than people on low pay.

Try asking around and seeing if you can get a recommendation for someone you can employ directly.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Which goes back to my point. If you're stuck in a low paid job, then I think theres a ton of people out there who are doing this not because they're unlucky or whatever, but because of their attitude to work. My recent experience proves this
              No, that's not what 'proof' means

We've had two cleaners and both were punctual and hard-working... as self-employed workers they rely on working in order to get paid. Maybe that's a Northern thing, or an age thing - both were late-middle-aged proper Northern ladies.

Not wanting to sound like a bit of a Tory scummer here but I've always thought that 95% of people can go to college if they put a bit of effort into it
              Probably, but what a waste of their time and our tax.

There's nothing wrong with an honest low-skilled job.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We lost our last cleaner when she went through our cupboards and found our secret stash of p0rn. I dont think it was quite to her taste.......

Comment

My cleaner is a young Thai bride who claims all the benefits and works on the side cash in hand.

Works very hard, always happy.

Moral of the story, don't hire a Brit.

Comment

Didn't someone on here knob their cleaner?

Is that the best way to ensure good reliable staff?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X