• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oz here I come!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why on earth would anyone want to contract in Australia - then again I did - rates are crap - your skin will be radioactive in no time and overall all they friggin do there is eat BBQ - talk bollocks - and generally have no friggin idea about anything.........

Even worse there beer is total rubbish ..........

If that does not change your mind ! they have blady sharks also........

Have a good trip !

Comment

their*
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

You still have a long time to go yet Janey

I got my skills assesment last October, applied for the Visa in November (1000 quid) and the projected processing time is 12 months at the moment. So don't pack your bags yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord

I got my skills assesment last October, applied for the Visa in November (1000 quid) and the projected processing time is 12 months at the moment. So don't pack your bags yet.
          a sobering thought but at least she can start shopping

Comment

Originally posted by Lord

absolutely but I really wasn't sure if I'd get a successful skills assessment for various reasons so I'm a tad pleased.
            "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
              absolutely but I really wasn't sure if I'd get a successful skills assessment for various reasons so I'm a tad pleased.
              Good on ya. Gives you plenty of time to learn the culture,
              Start with ending your sentences on high notes,
              followed by scratchin ya self, speaking badly, dribbling,
              saying fck yeah, being massively Pro Aussie, pretending not
              to be English (very good tip for those big nights out)
              and generally acting like ya in a Posh Southend. Took me
              2 years to learn that little lot.
              Oh one more thing, when someone speaks to you on the bus
              don't freak out. They actually talk to strangers in OZ!!
              a whole new concept!!

PS, I loved it....well done.

Comment

They actually talk to strangers in OZ!!
                I get that in England! Usually it's the "bag lady" but hey...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
                  Oh one more thing, when someone speaks to you on the bus
                  don't freak out. They actually talk to strangers in OZ!!
                  a whole new concept!!
                  have to admit to totally freaking out when last there and someone talked to me in the lift! by the time we got to the floor we were going to they knew my life story (it was the tall viewing tower thingy in sydney)

surely talking to strangers is just not right? aren't there laws against that kind of thing?

Comment

Oz is a second rate, provincial little country with the most boring suburbs in the world, the most uncouth and uncultured population, and relatively little in the form of stimulus. That's why most of the youngest, best and brightest of their population are here in London, while our second raters go over there. Fair exchange, I'd say.

HTH.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      Oz is a second rate, provincial little country with the most boring suburbs in the world, the most uncouth and uncultured population, and relatively little in the form of stimulus. That's why most of the youngest, best and brightest of their population are here in London, while our second raters go over there. Fair exchange, I'd say.

HTH.
                      got out of bed the wrong side this morning? or is Mrs Sas withholding bedroom action? not that I can say I blame her!

Comment

Working...
                      X